Regrets, I've had a few...

It's not a learning curve it's a hobby. Unless you are simply looking for the perfect "tool/weapon" and when found it all stops the it's a hobby and those all tend to get expensive.

If you are simply trying to find the best tool then yeah it can be a bit of an expensive learning curve.

I, myself, have a super expensive hobby. I am not a gunfighter, door kicker or God willing not likely to ever been in a severely violent confrontation so for me they are primarily first and foremost toys. I have NO DESIRE for them ever to need to be a WEAPON. None, nada.

That being said its still cheaper then hookers and heroin and money spent tinkering can be just as rewarding then simply getting perfect out of the box.

Once again for all reading. Toys is used in a responsible context. Responsible range use, responsible storage and ALWAYS following the rules. But doing all of that you can still have a little cowboy fun or mutter "like a brick through a plate glass window" when you bust out the ole' PPK. :)

I like Big Mikey's post. I have a similar wife too. I have 4 great guns I'll never trade or sell. But, I also had 3 cheap weapons. The deal I made with my wife was get rid of the 3 cheapos & buy one really nice Ruger & she wouldn't give me any grief. So, I did it. No regrets. Just pleased.
Respectfully,
Doc

I regret selling the first pistol that I bought. It was used, I was 16, and not supposed to own it. Mom made me get rid of it. Dad told me I should not have shown it to them. It was a "Luger" of some kind per the seller. I look at pistols now and kick myself every time I see one that looks like it did.

Over the decades I have accumulated a lot of neat stuff, accessories and parts. I have changed grips around, sights, triggers, springs etc.

Some did not work out well and were sold at some losses but compared to one mediocre restaurant meal with the family, losses are still minor.

Some stuff also appreciated over the years, like the S&W FGC that I picked up at the shows for $5, or my Walther KKJ rear and front sight spares.

imagejpg1_zpsf7a12d0d.jpg

Or Anschütz 5039 and 1407-U9 triggers, they are worth the exerience.

imagejpg1_zps08a75ae4.jpg

HPIM1165.jpg

Regrets I have none.

My only regrets are guns that I have sold. In particular, I regret selling a Dan Wesson 32 magnum revolver and a Russian Makarov I sold a few years ago.

Regrets yea manny .
But you enjoyed them as best you could .
When they hurt you when you shoot them .
Move on for someone else .

No serious regrets for me. I had fun. If one could have had a crystal ball and see the future, I certainly would not have purchased and just resold a lot of the Colt revolvers. But truthfully, it was about fun and I had fun. I would essentially repeat the same process given the same circumstances and knowledge level.

To the OP, you just need to add some more guns.

Here is a sign you could post but it too may bring regrets: "Will trade current wife for one who understands the value of firearms and gear".

I've had my fair share of regrets, mostly in guns I sold and then regretted.

As to your CZ problem, I strongly endorse VZ grips. They provide a great, slim grip with awesome texture and grip. They feel better then any grip I've ever used on my CZ75BD.

I am into my 15+ years and let me tell you, I can really open a small shop selling new/like new firearms and accessories. BTW, somehow I never learn from previous mistake in term of racking up accessories for all new firearm purchases.

Welcome to the club.

Yg

But then again, too few to mention

Well, I'll mention em anyway. On buys, my only real regrets were an AMT Govt. model .45, and a Taurus Millennium, PT-111. Both were sold, however, and I don't miss them a whit. The ones that got away were, a like new Mossberg 151-M that looked so beautiful it took my breath away, but I had promised the wife I wouldn't buy anything that day. I did eventually get one, nice, but not THAT nice. Another was a Street-Sweeper, but in the odd chambering of .45-70 Govt. I still wish today, I had snatched that up for the novelty alone. Maybe a few more, but these always remind me of my failings.

Regrets? Not really. I got into this a lot later than most of you. But, I'm trying to catch up!

First pistol was a Ruger P95. What a massive tank of a gun, relatively soft to shoot, 100% reliable, and a great introduction to shooting. Picked up a CZ82 mostly on a whim and liked it very much except for the grips. The originals cracked and the after markets weren't any more robust. But it was a nice shooter.

Then a Ruger 22/45 which I still have. Love that little tack driver. Added a High Standard Sentinel R-100. Still have that one too! Decided I "needed" to pair up 22s - semi auto and revolver - with larger calibers.

Traded the CZ82 for a S&W Model 10-5...PRISTEEN!...to pair with the Sentinel. traded the P95 for a Ruger SR9c....added a Ruger 10/22 Takedown to an old Mossberg US42b for more 22 firepower...

Sold the Ruger SR9c....got a S&W 908s because all metal has "soul"...and added a S&W 909 just because I found a great deal. I figure I can always get another Ruger.

Along the way, I've picked up several holsters...a small safe for the handguns and a locked cabinet for the rifles and ammo. And my wife not only endures this madness but is, frankly, encouraging even if she has not much interest in shooting. But she knows how much I enjoy this.

At the end of the day, I've enjoyed having all of them. Probably should have kept the CZ82 but I'll never get rid of the S&W model 10-5! What a sweet trigger!

Now....I think I "NEED" a 1911! Or, maybe that police model Savage 12 gauge....either way, no regrets and we keep moving forward!

Enjoy this shamelessly!!

Back