RedDot

Well, that's the point I'm trying to make to you - in my opinion, since you said this is for hunting, do NOT use any kind of ESD (electronic sighting device) if you cannot afford to get into those "leagues" - horrible idea, IMO. Asking for disappointment. You're right - cold screws with everything - espec. batteries.

UNLESS you take a backup gun with a different optic on it, or have back up iron sights, with a quick-release mount, I suppose.

Two years ago, I had had a nice actual scope on my crossbow but like an idiot took it off and put a TruGlo dot sight since I was enamoured with the fact that it had 4 dots - one for 20, 30, 40, and 50 yards. On the first day I hunted, in mid-October, a big buck came along - maybe the biggest one I've ever encountered (not sure since this all happened so fast) - probaby a 130 class; maybe 140. He ran, then stopped, then I shot. Well, it was a long shot for archery (about 43 yards), and I used the wrong dot and hit too high. I hit above the lungs/liver and below the spine. Arrow went completely through with clear liquid / no blood. Searched for almost 2 days. He lived. I feel as though I *know* I would have taken that buck had I left the scope on the crossbow. Cheap ESDs are for the birds I decided at that moment.

Set as required !!!

but is 11 too bright?
Not at all and in fact, you may have a rare situation where it isn't bright enough. I mostly hunt in Midwest type weather condition and none of my RedDots, have failed me. But understand that for hunting, I only use the closed tube type. .... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Back