Red dot for .22 pistol

I used to have my Aimpoint Micro H-1 red dot sight on my S&W Model 41 but took it off to move over to my Ruger Take Down rifle. I also have a Ultradot Matchdot on my Mark III Hunter pistol. It is good quality and priced great.

I have a 22/45 lite and I got a Bushnell First Strike for Christmas. I haven't shot it a lot, but so far I like it. My friend has the Bushnell TRS-25 on his 22/45 and I like it too. It just seems a bit heavier and you feel it more on top.

I just ordered the Volquartson trigger for mine from MidwayUSA on sale and can't wait to get it installed. With my SilencerCo. Spectre II the gun is just so fun to shoot.

I have a .22 bolt gun the back sight just came loose I was thinking about getting it fixed but just never got to it. So one day I was at the gun shop they had a BSA for get the model for 35$ just snuged 2 nuts and all good. Works grate.

I put a Bushnell Trophy on my Hi-Std a few years ago. I went W/this because I have the Bushnell outlet store close to me & this is what they had at the time. Do not remember how much, but less than $100. I want to say $70ish. Now that I have shot both set ups thoroughly, I usually shoot the iron sites (rarely with the scope), but that's just me. I am glad I have choices, even if I do not use them! Speaking of choices, I am glad the trophy has multiple settings because I have used most of them. ex- red or green, 5 brightness levels for each color, and 4 different reticles.
e49532c8-a2ee-4142-9709-379663d25e08_zps2515d0f7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I just ordered a pic rail with integral rear sight for my Buckmark. Rumor has it that the rail keeps the back screw in place.:rolleyes: We will see about that. I have a sparc II that I use on my ar at times that I want to try on the Buckmark.

I own and have owned an array of red dots from the budget red smears to war proven built like a tank holographics. I really don't have time for the $125.00 or less group not just because of how fragile they are or the lack of auto shut off except for when the battery dies or the dot quality or auto adjust briteness but if you ever take one and co wttness it with a set of open sights you would be amazed of how much the dot floats around while the iron sights hold steady. On the other end of the spectrum are the larger ,durable inside and out with all the auto off and adjustable briteness features. The dots are not detectable from the muzzle end of the gun. Even units not needing batteries at all but really to large for convince on most pistols except AR15 based guns. In my opinion the best dot out right now for the money and performance is the Burris Fastfire III. I have found this sight to be well worth the price difference of the cheaper models. I find this sight to have the best obstruction free and fastest sight picture of any I have used with a great dot image. All the needed features are there and done well. At a asking price of around $250.00 I find this sight a bargin for it's performance and quality.

The Chinese red dots on Amazon branded Ultimate Arms, Field Sport, etc are all essentially the same. You can get red-only models for about $22 and red / green dots for under $28. They handle recoil well and have decent coated glass. They are hard to beat for the price.

Back