recommended scope for .22lr.

After reading many reviews I recently bought a Center Point scope at Walmart. It is a 4-16 x 40 with adjustable objective lens. I am very impressed with this scopes clarity and brightness. So far it is holding zero really well even after adjusting to longer range and then back to original zero. For 69.95 it seems to be a great scope, time will tell. It also comes with life time warranty.
My other scopes are Nikon and Leupold, this CP is not the same quality obviously but for the price it is a deal so far.

I own Zeiss, Leupold, Simmons, Weaver, Bushnell on various rifles. If you wish to kick it up over the Simmons and Bushell, I would suggest studying up on the Leupold scopes. You need to study up on power to meet your needs -- Leupold is a fine scope for the money.

David :)

I'm getting back to some old topics I started (in this case, really old) to give updates on questions I'd asked.

I ended up getting a Burris Droptine 2-7x35. Using a promotion code, I got the scope from MidwayUSA for $130. I've been very happy with it. The magnification range suits my uses very well and I'm pleased with the optical quality. It seems to be a good size and looks appropriate on my 10/22.

I suspect I could have been happy with several other scopes as well, but this one seems to meet all my criteria at a reasonable price. Thanks once again for all the suggestions.

Surprised nobody has recommended a Nightforce or Zeiss yet....

Well....
The thread IS 4 months old, and the OP has already purchased a scope and shared his opinion. So, further recommendations a pretty much just a waste of time. ;)

Although I'm not a big Weaver fan generally, I really like my Weaver "Classic K" in 4x28mm config on a Marlin 39.

I once had a $600 Trijicon on a Marlin 60 I bought for $99. There's no right or wrong answer to how much glass. An accurate rifle of any value deserves good repeatable glass.

Back