Really Ugly Wheelguns: top this!

M'Lord Greyboots, friend revolvergeek,

It is a 1917 S&W. Barrel length is 2 15-16ths. Actually just in front of the extractor lug. I cut the front sight off and silver soldered it back on. I was very careful to get it centered, and Dang! if it doesn't regulate very well. Prints pretty well center out to 25 yards.

I bobbed the hammer for two reasons. It hung up on (tore out the lining of) my jacket and it bumps into the 45 scar on the web of my hand. (I do grip high.) Three reasons, I guess; I don't ever use the hammer spur.

It has a round butt, after some surgery.
It shoots GI ball pretty well and responds very well to handloads. Favorite is the 255 45 Colt type bullets.
To my shame, I have never refinished this old beast. (It's - ahem - "browned" at the moment.) I keep thinking I want to have it engraved and blued. Someday.

It's a good old thumper. Goes with me and does what has to be done.

That thing is puuuuuurdy compared to the H&R that's laying in the back of my safe. Ok, since it's so late, & I don't wanna dig to the bottom of the safe & get out the camera tonight, I'll give a few other members time to make their entries before I walk away with first prize ;)

Seeya when I get back from the beach tomorrow :)

Dang lendringser, that's an UGLY one!! My wife even says that yours is uglier than mime, guess the jury'll hafta decide.....

BTW, this one *was* a *lot* uglier, but it fell victim to a home-blue job that didn't turn out half bad :)

C'mon guys, you *know* that you have an *ugly one*, let's see'em!

UglyH_R.jpg

Back