Real world practice.

The game can just be you and a friend in a vacant lot.

Organized fields don't really use military tactics. Pandemonium might be more accurate. They guy on your right might help you, or he might take off when it gets too crazy. You really have to learn to think on your feet, and to have a plan B, plan C,D etc.

Some of the most fun I've had playing has been 5 on 5 with basic pump guns. Simple, quick games where the emphasis is on quick turnaround. Don't like how the last game worked out? Another one is coming up in about 5 minutes.

I think that paintball is sometimes taken too seriously. The good thing about it is that it's kinda cheap, and legal. You can set up a course literally anywhere that you have a right to mess things up a bit. If a person has access to any private land, forest, maybe, take turn hiding targets in the Bush. I especially like the idea of having to run a 100 yard course of gallon jugs while other guys are free to pop you in the back as you do it.

Many years ago the army experimented with bb guns to do this.

I bought a couple of SIRT training guns all decked out. Before my wife leaves for work she puts 5 real looking targets around the house. When I wake up I get out of bed throw some cloths on put my SIRT gun in holster and go down stairs to get coffee. I have no idea where these targets are. So yes sometimes im not all awake just yet and they scare the sh#$ out of me. But I get them every time. Good training. nextleveltraining.com

Back