Ready For 3 Gun? Gear Wise?

Gotcha, I figured if Jerry Miculeck put his name on it as a 3 gun shotgun then there's probably a reason it has a 22" bbl.

I just don't like having single-purpose guns. If I have to sell my KSG to get another shotgun it needs to be able to fill the HD/SD role as well. Unless I can convince my wife that I need another shotgun :rolleyes:

Stoeger M3000, M3K or P3K.

If you want to spend more, 1301, VM, A5 or M2.

Unless you enjoy frustration, pick one of those for 3Gun. All are reliable enough to serve as HD guns and all can handle the clay sports and hunting with the right selection of tube systems.

For clarification what modifications, besides optics, to my shotgun or pistol will bump me into open?

I may run with my 20ga Mossberg but I would replace the stock and forend on it with a 12" LOP Hogue set. Only problem is that I can't find a magazine extension anywhere for it.

You don't want to start in Open. What you need to do is get to a 3 gun and see how things roll. There is much, much more going on than just gear.

I don't want to start in open, don't have the money for that. I guess I worded that last post poorly, what can I get away with doing to my 20ga without getting bumped into open division? Are optics and over 8 or 9 capacity really the only No-No's for Practical? The "factory configuration" phrase is tripping me up a little bit.

Back