Readers Eye Glasses?

I got tem down to the range and tried on two guns.

Keep in mind it was 15 degrees and cloudy so contrast was not great. 110 yards.

One is the 1911 7.5 Swiss, V notch site in front of receiver and a good solid 1917 like front sight. Amazing, I could see the 6 inch black ball.

I have no ammo built for it, just a few loaded up from the other 7.5, no idea of accuracy. But I could see rear, front and target really good. So out of it with V sight that I struggled but not due to lack of clarity.

The 1917 already is rear peep, that one I have shot well at 75 yards. I never was able to shoot 100 let alone 110 (we can get 110 if you put the target at the base of the berm and I do so it breaks that is it 1/16 more or less for groups)

Black ball was not a problem, I put a 3 inch orange ball on that and could just see it.

This was left over ammo, I keep a box of odds and ends, nothign developed for that gun. I had 9 shot in the 6 inch ball, after adjusting the rest I got 5 withing 4 inches.

With good light a 4 inch orange ball on black background I think I am good.

Not good enough to see the 1 inch squares but far better and no fuzzy before.

Last edited:
Google "rear peep sight lens" and you'll get some options. They're optical plastic lenses that go into the rear aperture and bring the front sight into focus. Popular in High Power and Service Rifle for us old guys.

https://www.60xcustomstrings.com/

Has anyone tried the colored Pilla shooting style glasses? I've read mixed reviews on them.

Back