Re: The English Barbarism

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, to return to the original topic, D.C. was right be leery of a topic that in no way refers to firearms, RKBA, nor Constitutional rights. If it did have flame potential, and was off-topic, (and was of questionable merit, if you consider the fact that all of our societies oppressed ea. others', eliciting the "So what" response) it was not at all a bad call to lock it.

I personally applauded DC then, and I applaud DC literally now. I further note her reticence on this thread ongoing, and smile.

Note: This should NOT be taken as a slam or flame on Legacy38.

Joey- I never said that I was "something"-American. I said that I really didn't consider myself "American" in a sense. I probably would go back to Scotland if it were free from British rule. I also explained my right to live here based on also being Cherokee.

I think that I could have explained it better by saying that not being American that I meant that I had no loyalty to the government of the United States. I guess I could best be desribed as a Lockonian/Jeffersonian Anarchist. (By the way, anarchism doesn't mean no law, that's chaos. Anarchism is the right of every individual to live as they choose as long as they don't interfere with the rights of another.) I beleive that the United States federal government (and most governments in general) has broken its social contract with its own people.

I have a very close friend whose life's dream is to be a Secret Service agent on the Presidential detail. I always ask him why he would be willing to put his life on the line for somebody like Bill Clinton. His response is that it wouldn't be Clinton but that it would be the President. I just don't have that kind of blind faith to a an institution.

Long Path: Don't worry. I'm wearing flame proof underwear. :) Even I realize that my beliefs are considered out there by most people, but they are my beliefs.

here's a VIRTUAL OLIVE BRANCH!!!

If this topic is considered out of line for the General Discussion Forum and the Firing Line in general, I apologize and respect the decision of the adminophiles to shut it down.

I know that most of you will consider my views a bit far fetched in this matter, but I think that we will all agree that I have just as much right to have them as you do to disagree with them.

So, if the moderator wants to shut this thread down as well, I will respect that decision and ask the others to do likewise.

For those who would like to continue this discussion and others like it come to http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/legacy38

legacy38

------------------
"God grants liberty only to those who love it and are always ready to guard and defend it." --Daniel Webster

I'm in between a major puter screw-up...installed a CD-RW and things are bugnuts.

Legacy...
You are entitled to your views and opinions and thats fine. I don't have a problem with anarchists, Amerinds or Scots (though none rise to the divine zenith of the Sicilian :)).
If your views of the Brits are expressed and germane in context with an ongoing discussion, thats cool. However, to open a thread with the sole express purpose of bashing, castigating or otherwise trashing a culture, nationality, race, what have you for historical actions is absurd, inappropriate, disrespectful, immature and of suspect motivation. As well, neither are topics such as strategies of breastfeeding and milk expression germane, though I personally may be interested. TFL is not the venue to indulge in such discourse. There are other venues, including your own forum. Capishe?

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Because the current Asian-Pacific political climate makes it germane:
We (USA) are strengthening the mutual protection alliance we have with S. Korea and Japan against N. Korea and China.
The Chinese are rightly bitter over the atrocities committed by the Imperial Japanese Army some 60 yrs ago, and like it or not, that does give them, in some regard, a bit of moral righteousness that the US is in so tight with Japan. From the Chinese perspective, they feel we have no business over there in the first place, in their sphere of influence...they have always viewed us as imperialistic and colonial and hence, distrust us....being in bed with their mortal enemy doesn't help alleviate those feelings.
Thus, these feelings color what is happening now and will happen in the immediate future, and influence the immediate geo-political climate.
Add to that, the Chinese backdoor power grab on the Panama Canal makes it even more germane.
"Know thine enemy"...what his feelings, impressions, motivations are....and try to use them to your advantage or at least lessen the potential damage to your position. The Chinese bitterness over Nanking will not make our position any easier....but we are stuck with it.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back