RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme

It's a Rockchucker that needed cleaning and lubrication, as the original poster has confirmed has helped his problem, hence the relevance of the ancillary discussion of agents that do those chores.

I have that Lee press and use it as a powder stand. I tried using it to decap but the primers go everywhere. I know someone either makes an attachment or has plans for one you can put on the press to eliminate the problem. It was simpler for me to just use my Lyman Orange crusher which catches about 99.5% of the primers.

I have that Lee press and use it as a powder stand. I tried using it to decap but the primers go everywhere. I know someone either makes an attachment or has plans for one you can put on the press to eliminate the problem. It was simpler for me to just use my Lyman Orange crusher which catches about 99.5% of the primers.

Bet you don't have a primer arm installed, see the attachment. It's a common mistake, without that piece installed they will indeed spit primers. I went back to loading exclusively on a Lee Classic turret and it's a rare occasion that a primer escapes

I was loading on a Rockchucker and using a O type Lee to deprime then decided to buy another Lee turret and devote a turret to each cartridge to simplify cartridge changeouts and die storage

Attachments

• primer arm.jpg
    primer arm.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Yes, I believe there is a 3D printed thing available or at least the plans for a 3D printed thing. I wish I could remember where I saw this.

Back