Rather late hunting report...

If I could buy even a "well worn" '26 Whippet for $7,500 today, I'd have half a dozen in the driveway.
Life's more fun at a slow pace, and driving is more fun when you're an itegral part of the machine.

I believe the '27 plate is a no-go, due to the layout.
"ORE" over the year, on the right side, was used '20 through '26; but it went to "OREGON" at the bottom of the plate for '27 (also a standard size plate in '27, rather than the 'skinny' plate).

Regardless...
I forgot to say before that that's a great photo. Very cool.

I went back and looked at that page of plates and you're right, it has to be 1926. I'm not sure if I trust that inflation calculator. I don't know how they could have built and sold a car like that for an equivalent of $7500...

I was thinking about the 49 Ford coupe project car my brother had when I was a kid and how much I'd like to have that car now...

Imagine the crap one would take for bringing a deer home like that now a days... Not from the public as much as from the old lady....

Tony

Coming home from the U.P of Michigan with my dads buck strapped to our 51 chevy we had to stop at ever bar on the way to show off the deer, dad would get a free beer and I would get a pop, I was sick for two days !!!!

Back