Ranges are lame...

Ranges

I am in the prosses of joining a privet range, takes a while as they do background cks and only let so many in as some die or get to old to stay.
I have been accepted so probley in a month I hope.

DrJones-
I am assuming tht your talking about the Cordova range. I feel your pain! The pistols at that range sucks, but at least you can engage multiple targets. The 100 yard range isnt too terribly bad. They might let you use your pistols on the 25 yard range were they have rifles.

I heard that Sac Valley Range is better. More distance, or you can find in indoor range. There are 2 within a 45 minute radius of Sacramento, on in Stockton and one in Vacaville. Drop me a line and let me know when you want to shoot! If you want to shoot a little further, we can shoot a small city range. they only let you practice at 20 yards.

45R

Get this... we don't even HAVE a range! I just found out they closed the only one that was left. (Luckily I can go shoot trees on my father-in-law's land). When I lived in Denver the ranges were pretty decent. I usually stayed with 15 yards -- my house is only 900 square feet, so I don't imagine I'll need to be a sniper either. Anything closer wasn't really worth it.

Before our range closed down (for upgrading) and our rangemaster, Dave Hummel retired, we could do a lot of stuff on our range. No drawing of weapons from holsters, but they sold target stands (or you could bring your own), set up targets a closer range for defensive shooting practice/instruction. It was great when I use to take a different gal out every month.

Back