Range report, Kel-Tec P32

As someone that love's small pocket guns and have been shooting them religiously for over 10 ys, I have to say I was quite surprised when just about a year ago I bought the P32. I had heard good things about them and the fact that it weighed only 6oz and reading about the Lehigh and Underwood ammo. I bought it mostly as a whim.
The little gun just performed so well. And my gosh this is a lightweight gun. For me, it is extremely mild to shoot.
This gun is got a lot of use last summer when it gets so dang hot and humid where I live. A great gun for wearing light weight shorts and Tee shirts.
I do not have a lot of rounds through the gun like my 380's, now about 600, but it runs without issue. A very under rated little gun. Crude looking but performs.

Picked up a new Kel-Tec P32 today. It will be my summer time pocket carry mouse gun. Quick range report, I just got home from it's initial test flight. I bought the pistol from Gallery of Guns and had it shipped to the closest gun shop to me. Arrived on 5/15/2020. Couldn't pick it up until today, 13 days later because Illinois 3 day waiting period is more like two weeks, understaffed because of the Covid-19. Anyhow, durring the wait, I ordered an extra magazine and a stainless steel recoil spring guide rod to replace the factory plastic guide rod. Got the gun home, cleaned and lubed it, headed to the range. First target attached is 5 rounds at 5 yards. Slow, well aimed fire. The X-ring on the target is 1.3 inches, so I got around 1 inch group, maybe better. Ok, I'm happy so far. Put up a new target and shot 4 mags, 28 rounds at a more rapid fire pace of a shot about every 2 seconds. Some shots went a bit low, probably because of the long and heavy trigger pull, but still not bad for a gun that's basically a "get off me" weapon. 5 yards would be a good distance for what it is. Shot 50 rounds of Aguila 71 grain ball ammo. Not a failure of any kind. All rounds fed and extracted great. Sights, if you want to call them that, are terrible, but at 5 yards, you really don't need much. Some white paint on the front sight is in order, and will be done before the next range visit. Some 1000 grit sandpaper on the cast parting lines of the frame and grips will also be done. My hand was feeling it by the time I got to around the 3rd magazine. All in all, for what it is, and so far, it's a keeper. This little Kel-Tec seems to be a love it or hate it gun, not much in between. At this point, I'm in the love it group. For the price tag of $265, that sure helps too. Another 200 to 300 rounds to really wring it out, and it will be trusted for carry.
Where did you find a P32.....sold out literally everywhere I've looked.

Just before the pandemic hit, I bought a used, like new P32 from a law officer off Armslist. I’ve had a P3AT for a few years, but I always wanted to try the 32. Last round hold open and an extra round is nice.
It worked perfectly on it one range trip, and recoil is negligible.
I bought a set of Tractiongrips stick on rubber grip. Gives a little better grip than the bare plastic, and doesn’t affect pocket carry draw.
As for the sights...
If this gun had decent sights, I think it would surprise some people.
I have considered mounting a tritium shotgun bead on the slide.

Great little gun. Couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn from inside the barn. Gave it to my son. He could shoot it just fine. LOL

Back