Range report: Glock 19 goes to the range

Ian11,

Were your sights lined up when you did that with the slide to the right?

Hmm... might be my trigger pull... haven't thought about that.

Amelia

Amelia,

Sorry, I kinda thought it was a little vague and its hard to describe w/o actually showing you.

But yes, the sights are lined up. I'm not saying you should compensate by shooting to the right. No. Whats important is that the first pad of your index finger should have as much control of the trigger as possible.

By trying to line up the slide of my pistol with my arm (from shoulder to muzzle) my index finger didn't have proper control (reach) of the trigger. Shift the gun in your grip until you reach that point but not beyond the first pad of your index finger.

Uh, was that a bit clearer?

I think ArmySon is probably identifying the problem exactly. :)

However, I will think on this thing about how I am holding the gun.

:D

I'll post another report on Wednesday perhaps.

Amelia

________
A Glock is like the proverbial "little black dress."
Every woman should have one.

Amelia, your target shows correct point of impact on the vertical, but 2-3" left on the horizontal. The problem is really quite simple, and very common to new Glock shooters. You have too little trigger finger, in other words, the trigger is much closer to the tip of your finger than the first joint. When you get a sight picture, your right hand will automatically try to stay straight on the target, so the gun is pushed to the left. Also very easy to correct, just grab the gun further forward on the frame so that you have the trigger more on the finfer pad, closer to the first joint.
For dry firing, the important thing is that after you press the trigger, you have the same sight picture as before. In the end, everything is just getting the target to appear behind the front sight.... And focus only on the front sight, not the target or rear sight.

9x45

I do try to focus on the front sight, but I like your explanation of the trigger finger thing. That makes sense to me. I'll work on that! Thanks!

:)

Amelia
____
A Glock is like the proverbial "little black dress."
Every woman should have one of her own.

Back