Randy Weaver at Ruby Ridge

While some idiots think we have scored a win, I don't think that way. Since these guns have very little useful purpose other than shooting people,

Well, im not sure I qualify with your definition with only a USMC, LE/SWAT, Govt contractor and 25 years as a weapons and tactics instructor background.

But, i own one of the Mossy shockwaves. Its in the house as a HD gun. By definition its only “useful purpose” is shooting people. Thats what HD/SD guns are for.

I dont consider Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch an “Idiot” and he likes the shockwaves too.

Hmmm...

As long as a Cruiser has never had a shoulder stock, the barrel can be under 18"-as long as OAL remains 26"+.
They were always classified as "firearms," regardless how a dealer sold them.
My 20 Ga Cruiser would be 26" with a 16" barrel and the stock grip.
The long birdshead grips simply lengthen the rear of the gun-hence the front can be shorter.

There is something inherently wrong with our legal system when “all (14” shotguns) are equal (legal) but some are more equal (legal)”.
What am I missing here?

What you are missing here is the letter of the law. ALL our gun control laws are arbitrary in their requirements, but they ARE the law.

Put a folding stock on an SKS carbine imported before a certain date, all good and legal. Put that same stock on an identical rifle imported a day later, its a crime. (just one of many examples).

And while most of what happened at Ruby Ridge is not germane to the discussion, there are a couple points that need to be remembered. The barrels of the guns Weaver cut off were NOT below legal Federal minimum length. And, the government never claimed they were.

Weaver cut the guns for a "friend" who turned out to be a govt informant. When the guns were delivered to the govt agents, by their informant, they were found to be below the Fed min overall length. (by 1/4"!!). And, therefore, illegal Everything that happened as a result of that is outside our scope here. My point is that the Weaver case was not over BARRELS that were too short, it was over too short an over all length. A small point, but I think a significant one.

the Weaver case was not over BARRELS that were too short, it was over too short an over all length

Which is why, as posted above, the “Shockwave” guns are sold with that birdhead grip. That grip puts the OAL over the 26” min. A standard pistol grip makes the gun too short and would be categorized as a AOW, with a $200 tax to manufacture, a form 4 to transfer and all the waiting for your stamp to come back.

WITH the birdshead grip, cash and carry just like any handgun.

Which is why, as posted above, the “Shockwave” guns are sold with that birdhead grip. That grip puts the OAL over the 26” min. A standard pistol grip makes the gun too short and would be categorized as a AOW, with a $200 tax to manufacture, a form 4 to transfer and all the waiting for your stamp to come back.

WITH the birdshead grip, cash and carry just like any handgun.

Just add the birds head grip to the cruiser......Problem solved.

Just add the birds head grip to the cruiser......Problem solved.

No need. The Crusier guns are sold with 18.5” barrels and already come in over 26”OAL. THE “Shockwave”guns come with 14” barrels and need the extra length of the birdshead to make OAL

The Ruby Ridge show is still on Netflix IIRC. I have watched it a couple of times. It is told by Randy Weavers daughter. And it may be on Youtube if not. Another good and related show is the Oklahoma City Bombing and the story of Tim McVeigh.

Back