Quiz: Name that K frame

To add, I thought I saw it sticking out the end of the holster.

I think we need another clue. Did 19’s come 3T?

Why yest they did.

This 19-4 Pa State Police 75 anniversary model has them. Target hammer, trigger, sights, plus a trigger stop and presentation stocks.

I admit, it's sort of hard to see in this picture though.

enhance

I'm thinking the OP's gun is a Model 19 also. Beautiful grips on that one.

It can't be a 19 or 15 because there is no hole in the hammer for the floatingfiring pin.

So it has to be a .22 and since the small piece of barrel visible sticking out of the holster is very wide, it has to be a full lugged heavy barrel. Most likely a 4". They also came with that target hammer and under lug barrel as shown in these SS 617s.

I'd say it is a Model 17, blue available in 6" and 8 3/8 barrel lengths. With the -5 and -6 variations the got a full under lug and also came in a 4" barrel length with a set of older target stocks.

Attachments

• SW-648-13-1024x1024.jpg
    SW-648-13-1024x1024.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 004 (1).jpg
    004 (1).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 11
Nope. That's an older gun because the hammer has more curve to it. So it's an older model 17, rebarreled with a new heavy under lug barrel or maybe a Smython with a Colt .22 barrel installed.

Or, the most logical is that it is an older 17 4", showing the extra width in the photo protruding out the front of the holster.

Last edited:
Could be an 18, don't know if they sold 4" Model 17s in the old days, there were some in the 80s-90s, I think.

Back