Quiz: Name that K frame

Carmady

Just for fun, check out the pics and name that K frame.

Attachments

• S&W K a.jpg
    S&W K a.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 365
  • S&W K b.jpg
    S&W K b.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 312
  • S&W K c.jpg
    S&W K c.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 302
S&W Target Hammer and trigger. Adjustable sights. Target Stocks. Blued.
That eliminates fixed sight and stainless steel models but nothing else.

Might even have the barrel extending past the end of the holster. Kind of looks like it does....

No guess. Not enough visible to pin it down to just one of the several things it might be.

To add, I thought I saw it sticking out the end of the holster.

I think we need another clue. Did 19’s come 3T?

I didn't notice the barrel sticking out. That helps solve the mystery. I was thinking it had to be a snub, but it isn't.

I was focused on the lack of a hammer nose (hammer mounted firing pin) which makes it a rim fire. The only RF K frames I could find were Models 17 and 48, but according to wiki neither of those ever came with barrels less than 4"

So it's probably a Model 17 or 48 named Fred with a barrel at least 4" long.

Here's the ebay listing for the holster. The 32 on the back of the holster means K frame with a 2" barrel, but that model will cover an entire 3" barrel.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SMITH-WESS...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

"The difference between a 2 or 3 inch and a 4" M19 is the grip frame."

Huh? Pretty sure I've seen square butt K frame snubs, if that's what you're talking about. And sometime around 1996 S&W made the 4" K's in RB.

Yes, S&W made square butt snubs.

This is my Model 12 snub with a square butt.

394761281.jpg

Smith also offered some models with 4" barrels and round butts, including the Model 12.

I'm going to guess 14 based on the target goodies. There were a few 4" 14s made. If not a 15 or 19 with target options. A view of the other side of the trigger would help because the 14's trigger overtravel stop would be visible. Or not.

Heck, it could probably even be the Model 53(?) in .22 jet?

Carmady, Why would a feller want to tease us with a Guess The Revolver game when you don't know either? Hoping somebody will show up and tell us who's right is where the fun is! Haha

wait.what? its NOT your gun?? You don't know what it is, either??

Bad shooter! No bullseye! boo! hiss!! Shame on you!!! :mad:

You went about the wrong way. If you invite us to play "guess this gun" you have to know what the right answer is.

Now, if you don't know what it is, you say "Help me figure out what this is..."

might as well ask us what he has in his nasssty little pocketesses, my precious!
:D

Back