Quickly handling a 'rabid cat'?

I've owned cats for decades, I have three now. All of my cats have lived indoors, outdoor cats are an invasive species. But anyway, rabies often shows up in foxes up here.

If you have to kill an animal that you suspect is rabid make sure to bag the body for testing and keep your dogs away from any blood. They'll quarantine a dog for exposure to a rabid animals blood.

Go inside and close the door . Cats , even rabid cats can't turn the knob. Dial 911 and report it . Stay inside and let them deal with it.
Start shooting inside a big city and someone might have his gun confiscated and could get fined. Then you got the cat lovers coming down on you for killing a cat. In their eyes You should have brought it to the vet , had him cured and pay all the bills, then adopt him and bring him home to live with you happily ever after.....Yeah, Right !
I'll pass on starting any of that

All depends ??

Good lord people.. do you really need a gun to deal with a cat.
I'm going to give all of us, the benefit of the doubt as I don't feel any of us wants to deal with any problem cat or dog. There is a time and place for everything and having to shoot a cat, "may" be one of them. ..... ::cool:

One cause of cat problems in our rural areas, There are city folks that want to get rid of one, rather than pay the pond. They think that they are doing them a favor by finding them a new home, in the country. All they do is give their problem to other folks and the animal really gets the short end of that deal. ... :mad:

Be Safe !!!

Back