Questioning the Nano role/usefulness.

For the original poster, it's a personal choice. To me, 6+1 is a bit on the meager side for capacity. Statistically, it should cover most defensive shootings, but not with a big margin. I would definitely carry a spare mag, and give serious thought/practice to reloads.

Personally, the move from 7+1 (XDs) to 15+1 (G43x) was worth some expense and a slightly larger footprint. (Also, the longer grip meant I won't pinch my hand so often on reload, which was keeping me from using the old gun in competition.)

Handgun hero gives you widths. Just scroll down on the page guys.
Well, it does give the thickness of each gun, but where do they measure? Looks to me like they are measuring the slide, not the grip width.

I haven't picked up a Shield Plus yet, but I do know I like the way my Shield 1.0 feels and shoots. And I absolutely will not put away my Kahr CM9 for any other pistol for pocket carry.

Looks to me like they are measuring the slide, not the grip width.
It can be tricky to compare dimensions from different manufacturers because they don't all measure guns the same way.

Well, it does give the thickness of each gun, but where do they measure? Looks to me like they are measuring the slide, not the grip width.

I haven't picked up a Shield Plus yet, but I do know I like the way my Shield 1.0 feels and shoots. And I absolutely will not put away my Kahr CM9 for any other pistol for pocket carry.

Given the widths between the Shield and the Shield Plus are shown as different (0.95” vs 1.1”), my guess is it isn’t the slide as they have the same slide. You can also look at the pictures to see the full story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just measured the Nano and the Kahr CM9. Both the receiver and the grip are .90 as the charts indicate from Genitron and Handgun Hero. Compared two other guns and measurements were accurate. Do not have a Shield or 365 to measure.

My image. My LCP sitting on top of a DB9. The DB9 is the same size as the LCP.

If a functioning DB9 sized 9mm happened, the LCP wouldn't need to be around.
wDHN92vm.jpg

1.20? That's full sized wide.

S&W got lazy. But if others don't just change the grips but make a ground up P365 size double stack? These current singles don't have to stay around. They are fairly new, as I said before.

The argument of weight is pretty weak. I'm going to buy a Kahr because of the weight of a P365 mag???

Last edited:
People often forget to calculate the weight of ammo.

If the worry is about the extra weight extra rounds in a high-capacity magazine cause, such angst can be alleviated by loading less rounds in it.

I wouldn’t “dump” a quality reliable carry gun that you like, even if you decide to “upgrade” to a 10-shot. Every team needs depth. I kept my G 43 after getting my P 365. The only justification for me would be if I needed the trade-in money to get the new one.

Back