Question regarding lubing and storing guns

Thank you so much everyone for taking time to answer my questions. I get a bit OCD about taking care of things and I guess I should worry less and shoot more.

Thank you so much everyone for taking time to answer my questions. I get a bit OCD about taking care of things and I guess I should worry less and shoot more.
I think you'll find that our members here at TFL are pretty patient with new shooters. (That's one of the things that I really like about being a mod here.) If you have questions, ask away.

As to the OCD, shooters' schedules for maintenance runs through a wide spectrum. If you read posts here long enough, you'll find that there are people who are absolutely meticulous in their gun care. I'm clearly not one of them.

Shoot more. Enjoy it. Become proficient if you can. I understand that range trips take a chunk out of the day. That said, there are bigger things to worry about than whether you'll wear out a gun by cleaning it too much, IMNSHO.

. . . .-Can I carry a gun with the barrel lubed inside? I know If I shot it in an emergency, it wouldn't be good, but since it is unlikely to happen and would be an emergency, I shouldn't worry? . . . .
Let me just circle back to this one real quick. Yes, you can carry with the barrel lubed. Like others, I run an oily patch down the barrel of my carry guns, then a clean patch. So I carry with a lubed barrel every day.

If you have to shoot someone in self-defense, the question of "was the inside of my barrel lubed" is going to be way, WAY down on the list of things to worry about. As in, right below whether your socks match your underwear.

In regards to the "lubed" barrel, I think what needs to be stressed is, the dry patch after you lube it.

Leaving the bore sloppy "wet" with anything oil or lube related is not a good thing, especially in guns with a small bore diameter.

Back