Question for military who have purchased under the Glock Blue Label Program

2tango2

I'm actively looking to purchase a G42 under the Blue Label Program. I've never used this program and my question is if you make the purchase over the internet how did you prove your eligibility? Judging by what I've read is that they require a copy of your CAC.

Technically it is illegal and against regulations to make a photo copy of a military ID so how is the purchase/proof of military service complied with?

Correct me if I am wrong, but AFAIK, they don't send you the gun, they send you the name of a dealer and a card for the military/LE discount. The dealer will want to see your ID to verify eligibility.

Go to http://us.glock.com/bluelabel for more info.

Jim

That seems to make sense so does that mean you can only make a Blue Label purchase in a FTF transaction and cannot purchase over the internet? I wouldn't think so as a place like Buds LE branch seems to sell a lot of firearms through the net

But again I'm new to the program and not completely sure. It looks like a few distributors will sell and ship but they need a way to verify. I have no problem providing an LES to prove service

Is there a Glock Law Enforcement dealer near you ? That is the best way to proceed. Go to the shop and purchase in person. If not you could do it through an FFL, however shipping costs and transfer fees may make a good deal a not so good deal.

Here is their "Homeland Defender" discount program. Anyone on this list qualifies for the individual officer purchase price for a Glock. The basic sub compact's, compacts, and full size are still $399-$424. $57 more if you want night sights.

Contact Glock Customer Service to find the closest LE dealer near you.

-----copied from Glock's web site--------

GLOCK, Inc. has approved the sale or “Sub-Distribution” of GLOCK “BLUE LABEL PISTOLS” to the following purchasers:

• Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County, & City.
(Includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials)
• EMT’s, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics
• Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D.
(Includes retired Military with "retired" credentials)
•Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
•State Licensed Security Companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.)
•State Licensed Armed Security Officers
•Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys.
•LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy
• GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF) members with current gun purchase card.
Not for immediate sale of pistol on membership.◦The GSSF GLOCK Pistol Purchase Card will be issued to a GSSF Annual Member renewing an annual membership for a 2nd consecutive year .
◦The GSSF GLOCK Pistol Purchase Card will be issued to a GSSF ‘Two-Year’, ‘Three Year’, ‘Five Year’ or ‘Lifetime’ Member with their initial membership card.

Please call your GLOCK District Manager or GLOCK Commercial Manager for questions about other possible purchasers, or for a list of law enforcement distributors that can supply you with GLOCK “Blue Label Pistols”

No one can legally sell you a modern gun "over the internet". They will ship it to your local dealer (or LE dealer) where you will have to provide ID and do any paperwork your state or locality may require. If you are a full time LEO or an active duty military, there may be steps you can skip but that will depend on your state law.

Jim

Thanks for the info guys, yes James...sorry I didn't state that very well in my questioning. Yes I know I'd have to have it shipped to an FFL. I just didn't know how I would prove my eligibility to let's say Buds LE before they would sell it to me at the Blue Label price.

Rob- I do have Glock LE distributors near me but no G42s with no ETA. Even then their prices can't touch some of the Blue Label pricing I've seen at the bigger internet gun shops and that is even after adding shipping and xfer fees

buds has a 24 hour online chat, they will surely give you a better answer

im a medic and the gun stores that offer the glock service discount will send us to the police distributors down the road

2A?, special prices....

I served four/04 years on active duty in the US Army & never heard of any US law or DoD regulation saying 2As(the military ID) couldn't be copied or copies couldn't be used for verification. :confused:
I could see the newer post 9/11/2001 era IDs having security features or controls but I never heard of any copy "laws".

I checked my local area & most gun shop clerks/employees say they either don't use the Glock Blue Label program or they don't know what it is. :mad:
Other makers like SIG Sauer & Beretta have special listings too for sworn LE/active duty/armed security/corrections/etc.

The photocopying of a military identification card

FYI

The photocopying of a military identification card or a common access card is illegal under Title 18, U.S. Code Part 1, Chapter 33, Section 701.

Commercial establishments may ask to make a photocopy to verify military employment or to provide reduced pricing for military members. This is a criminal violation and offenders could face fines and imprisonment.

Department of Defense members can provide the establishment with a state drivers license or another form of identification to be copied if the business insists.

Medical establishments, such as doctors' offices or hospitals, are exempt from this regulation and may make a photocopy of the I.D. for the purpose of filing insurance claims. Other government agencies can also make copies in the interest of conducting official government business.

skizzums you'e right down the road from me. I'm outside Villa Rica.

Which LE Distributor do you use; Ed's Pawn and Gun in Stockbridge, or SPD (Smyrna Police Distributor's - Adventure Outdoors) in Smyrna? Or is there another one nearby I am not even aware of ?

Not sure you are aware of this but the dealer HAS to be a Glock LEO dealer to offer the "Homeland Defender / LEO" discount. Many Glock dealers that I have spoken to over the years don't even know the difference.

As far as I know Ed's and SPD are the only ones near us.

Regards,

Rob

I've got two local gun stores that offer this program. I am retired military and at one store they give me $50 off, at another store they give me $75 off. I was under the impression that the program only applied to stock on hand at the gun store (?). I really could care less if they copy my retired ID... why is it a big deal?

Locoweed - just because they give you ## $$ off on a Glock does not = them being a "LEO" Glock dealer. The way you can tell for sure is if they can offer a basic Glock for as low as $399 then they are. You are looking for "Blue Label" guns. (While I have not been able to confirm this I have heard that the price may have gone up to $424 this year - which is to be expected as its been $399 for quite a few years now)

Just because they will for example, give you $50 off of a retail stickered $549 Glock does not automatically mean they are selling it to you at an individual officer purchase LE price.

Also note that most Blue Label Glocks come with three vs two magazines. (The sub compacts only come with two mags).

The big deal about copying some ID cards (Federal LEO for sure) is that this is against the law. However many individual officers have purchased guns under his program and had their ID's copied to be kept on hand by the FFL.

You are correct - Most LE Dealers will be limited to selling the Blue Label stock they have on hand at the time of purchase. This is something that has bothered me about the LE Glock distribution system for some time. At least one major USA LE Glock dealer has no control over what Glock sends them. They may request certain Glocks, but its anyones guess if they will get them or not.

Rob

Last edited:
All animals are equal...
Obscure George Orwell reference, for those old enough to have read him in school...back when it was part of the curriculum :)

I'm not against a discount of some sort at certain times (as in promotional sales event), but to advertise a 10% discount on guns/ammo/accessories to LEO and military is a slap in the face of those who, through taxes, pay the salaries of those same folk.
Do you feel the same way about senior citizen discounts? After all, we taxpayers pay into the social security system. If a company wants to say thank you to a group of people, why do you care? BTW, you do know that police officers, military personnel, etc. are also taxpayers don't you?

Whiny post of the week.......

born2climb It might open a can of worms here, but I take offense at going to the gun store and seeing all the shiny new guns marked "LE/Military only". If it were not for all us lowly commoners, why, there'd be no need for all them....

I'm not against a discount of some sort at certain times (as in promotional sales event), but to advertise a 10% discount on guns/ammo/accessories to LEO and military is a slap in the face of those who, through taxes, pay the salaries of those same folk.....
You "take offense"? "Slap in the face"?
What a crock of nonsense.

I give a discount to LE/Fire/active military because I VALUE them putting their lives at risk every day. Your petty jealousy over a freaking 10% discount is shameful.

Those cops and firemen pay the same taxes you do fella.

I give discounts to Texas CHL holders because it makes the transfer easier, teachers because I am one.

Getting your panties in a wad because you don't get a discount is juvenile at best. Any customer I get that complains about LE/fire/active military discounts gets fired.........haven't fired anyone yet.

Last edited:
It might open a can of worms here, but I take offense at going to the gun store and seeing all the shiny new guns marked "LE/Military only". If it were not for all us lowly commoners, why, there'd be no need for all them....

I'm not against a discount of some sort at certain times (as in promotional sales event), but to advertise a 10% discount on guns/ammo/accessories to LEO and military is a slap in the face of those who, through taxes, pay the salaries of those same folk.

On a parallel note, I was in an ice cream shop last year that had a sign advertising 10% discount for LEO/military/fire/rescue. I thought, why not the postman too? The butcher? The 911 operator? I guess some customers are just inherently more valuable to a dealer than others. Rant finished...carry on.

That's silly. All my local businesses offer the LE/Military discount to firemen as well - is that objectionable? How about all the businesses that offer 10% off for college students? Seems like awful selective outrage.

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so [edit] what?"

- Stephen Fry

Last edited:
Back