Question about Nikon Monarch scopes

I bought a 4-20 x 50mm with the Advanced BDC for my precision 223 bolt action rifle. I love it.

I've owned two other Monarch scopes in the past, no complaints. I gave away both rifles with the scope attached. Wished I'd kept one of the scopes.

I presently own 3 Burris Signature Series scopes (IMO the Monarch equivalent) that I like a lot.

I have one older Redfield with the wide field of view optic (TV tube) and fine cross hairs. This is my favorite.

At the end of the day it comes down to what works best for your needs and your eyes. With all of Nikon's new scopes that were just released,22, many of you have no idea that Nikon was in fact listening to what you asked for and that's why you are seeing so many more MOA/MRAD reticle option's with other great features you want in the new P-Tactical/M-Tactical lines of scopes.

Screen%20Shot%202018-02-07%20at%2010.52.44%20AM.png

bamaranger - I do not care for the Nikon reticle with the BDC circles at all, how do you get precision with no center aiming point?

I respectfully disagree with this statement. I like the setup. The circle is not so large that one loses sight fidelity. I find it very easy to get precision with the open circle. If you look closely you will see the "cross hairs" at center occupies most of the area in the circle and you get full view of the target. It is not difficult to use the BCD setup.

It all comes down to what you are the most comfortable using. I have run across so many guys who hate the BDC reticle but have never used one even at the range. I have helped enlighten 100's of guy's shooting Nikon's BDC reticle scopes using Spot On and it's amazing how many end up owning one after triing it out. Hitting 4 inch jars of tannerite at 600 yards really will make a believer out of a person. But at the end of the day, to each his own.

not many people are going to hit a 4" jar of any thing at 600 yards with out a rock hard rest, not to mention any wind at all on a first shot try.

We were shooting at a fantastic range in MO, concrete benches, front rests and sandbags. Protected on both side with wind breraks. Stock .30 cal. rifles had little trouble making the shots when dialed in with Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program. We had loads chronograped, scope height measured and the rest was up tot he shooter. An eye opening experience for a lot of guys who had never used nor wanted to use a Nikon BDC reticle scope.

Back