Purchasing a gun from my father

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man they is coming for me now I read up on this here on the internets...

Was at a pawn shop with my brother, he saw a 12 ga he really liked but had no cash at the time. I snuck back later that day and bought it. I gave it to him for his birfday :) we is 50 weeks apart and I have gifted him 2 shotguns, a rifle and a handgun.

Gave me nephew a 1911 when he gradiated boot camp a full fledged Marine, soon his tour of duty will be over and he can go to college and achieve his goals.

Dr. Strangelove said:
Look, we're not talking about two Mexican drug lords here, just a guy who wants to take advantage of a discount that his father gets on a gun.
Yeah.

And whose father does not wish to participate, because he says he can't do so unless he retains the gun for at least a year after purchase.

markj and others....

... I am not sure if you are deliberately missing the point, but I'll assume you are answering in good faith.

So..

markj, you gave the shotgun to your brother, and the 1911 to your nephew. Those were gifts. That is perfectly legal and legit. This is NOT what the OP is proposing.

Dr. Strangelove, no the BATF probably won't swoop down on this. But they could, if they so chose. The OP did not say he would save the price of a Glock, because his father would give it to him. He said he'd save "over $200" because he'd only have to repay his father the LE cost of the Glock. That is very much a Straw Purchase scenario, no matter how carefully he words it.

All, we are not supposed to suggest ways to pull end-runs on the law on TFL. I don't suspect the mods would be overly pleased by some of the answers on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back