Pump Action?

pump action in .308, eh?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=312081077#PIC
pix662067809.jpg

Sommer-Okenfus tactical bullpup pump rifle :confused:

Weird looking as all hell, and I'm not sure what the heck they were intended (supposed to be well made, though). Appears to have a ~5round detachable mag in the butt, and you pump the action with your shooting hand:confused::confused:

I'm totally lost on this one...

TCB

One of my Faternity Brothers had a Remington 7600, accurate enough for th deer he bagged with it occasionally, probably more accurate than the shooter if we wer to split hairs about it. Handy little rifle. Fun to shoot.

I remember reading, a long time ago, like 2002 or so, in "Weapons for Military and Law Enforcement" in article entitled "Patrol Rifles on a Budget" how the 7600 was a good complement to the 870 Police Magnum shotgun.

I worked up some reloaded ammo for my sons 7600 Rem pump /Burris 2-7 X scope. Last week that 270 put five bullets into a one inch group at 100 yards while shooting it off a bench rest. My problem is that I have not found a way to put a sling on it.

not hard

A standard swivel stud on the but and either a barrel clamp/stud ahead of the pump (not recommended) or one of the after market forend caps that have a stud , or seems like there may be a way to drill the forend cap and attach a special adapter.

Uncle Mikes the place to start.

Ive used a 7600 for along time never had a problem in any way.Took Deer & hogs out to 300yds on several outtings.I like the 22'' barrels best & wood. People that never used the pumps just dont know what they are missing. They are fast, fun,dependable & not everyone has one.Mines in 270Win. A great hunting rifle it is.Try one you might be surprized.;)

Back