Primers have hit $.50 each on GB.............

Beats me why somebody would pay $500 for a brick

When I saw CCI 400s on the shelf at a local big box retailer for $38.
Yes, they had CCI 400 at $38 per brick. They had five bricks
They also had one brick of Federal Large Rifle Magnum primers on the shelf.
Limit ONE brick per customer per day.
Good to see that for a change.

So for a change, those "Capitalistic entrepreneurs" can eat those 50cent each primers for lunch. I will not pay that price - PERIOD!

Last edited:
"Somebody bid $100 for those 200 primers two days ago."

Whoops, yep, you're correct. I read the information on the page incorrectly. I thought that was the initial price point the seller set the auction at.

It's just a wonderful thing to just laugh at these deranged and desperate idiots that are willing to spend lubricous amounts of money to be able to shoot a bullet out of a gun. This of course if that auction is even legit. There is SO much scumbag shill auctions , you have NO true idea what is shill and what is legit. Over the past 5 years or so when the wife and I would stroll the LGS on "date night" she would go over to the flagship Browning / Binelli shotgun displays and drool (she loves shooting trap) , and she would whisper in my ear : "let me guess your headed to the reloading isle for primers and powder ?" my answer was always "Yes I am" . Primer panics are of zero concern to me.

Primer panics are of zero concern to me.

I thought the same thing , really any reloading components were of zero concern . "Were" of zero concern and even though I'm really gtg for quite awhile . I have to say I am very concerned now and have already found my self buying components at elevated prices . I just bought some 200gr 45acp bullets at about a 30% mark up from the last time I bought them and I don't really need them . I did find a good price on a 500ct 69gr SMK and bought 1k of those a couple weeks ago .

It also doesn't help I started reloading for two new cartridges in the last 6 months ( 12ga & 44mag ) which I had little to no components for . Basically I just have powder for each because of other cartridges I load that use the same powders . Finding 44mag brass instock and at a reasonable price was hard-ish . I found a good die set at a reasonable price as well . Finding shot ( buck ) for the 12ga seems to be pretty hard right now .

Back to my point which is I'm very concerned this may not stop for several more years which would take a pretty big bite out of my stash if I keep shooting like I'm used to . So I can see my self spending $100 on a brick of primers at some point , don't think I'd go much higher then that though but quadruple what I normally pay is not something I like thinking about but I think I'd pay it if I had none . When I'm sitting on thousands each of every size I use I still freak out I may need more .

I guess it's the idea of needing to change how or what I shoot that is bugging me . I liked the freedom to load up what ever and go shoot . Now because I only have 4k of this or 3k of that . I'm now not using those components which results in me not shooting some guns I like to shoot .

OK I'm done crying , back to your regularly scheduled programming ;-)

Last edited:
My guess is when we can actually walk into our LGS and buy bricks of primers again they will be at $60/1K (just an educated guess) . Now if Remington gets up to full mass production of primers that may cause some pricing wars and maybe drop my $60 number a bit. We shall see.....

Primers in stock.... OUCH!

$160 per brick

Attachments

• 88033E19-6722-40AE-8E21-DFA82841DD95.jpeg
    88033E19-6722-40AE-8E21-DFA82841DD95.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 37
Well Metal_god I plan to be in your neighborhood January 2022 and if this is still going on I will bring you some primers. :)

"The Transportation Safety Administration said Wednesday that the ammunition primers are not prohibited in checked luggage but must be packaged correctly. Checking the packaging is the responsibility of the airline, the TSA said".

I'll just toss a few thousand in my checked baggage. Actually already looking forward to San Diego as I lived there years ago. Want to check out the USS Midway Museum since I spent some time on it many years ago. Anyway, I'll bring you primers. :) You just have to wait awhile.

Keep in mind this is humor.

Ron

Last edited:
Back