Primers have hit $.50 each on GB.............

Don't forget the hazmat fee as well.
If I am running THAT low, those guns get out away for a while and something else takes up my time

Primers have hit $.50 each on GB.............
That's just the first bid. There are 4 more days to run the price up. Buy Now price is $225. I think I'll pass on that one. I said pass... with an "a". ;)

The funny thing is those are small pistol “magnum” primers . If I was needing spm primers I’d just use small rifle primers as a replacement. I’m sure small rifle primers aren’t much cheaper but I have a bunch of those .

My new issue is I just bought a 44 mag and need large pistol mag primers for it . I do have some Win LP primers which are gtg for magnum loads but I don’t have many . The good thing is i can load 44 special loads with powders that don’t need mag primers .

I will say this , back when primers were $200 per 1k I considered selling some but didn’t want to be one of those guys . Now at $500 per 1k it’s getting harder and harder not to be that guy . I don’t know but selling a couple thousand primers and getting that 357 lever gun I’ve been wanting for what would ultimately be $60 sounds pretty good .

The funny thing is those are small pistol “magnum” primers . If I was needing spm primers I’d just use small rifle primers as a replacement. I’m sure small rifle primers aren’t much cheaper but I have a bunch of those .

My new issue is I just bought a 44 mag and need large pistol mag primers for it . I do have some Win LP primers which are gtg for magnum loads but I don’t have many . The good thing is i can load 44 special loads with powders that don’t need mag primers .

I will say this , back when primers were $200 per 1k I considered selling some but didn’t want to be one of those guys . Now at $500 per 1k it’s getting harder and harder not to be that guy . I don’t know but selling a couple thousand primers and getting that 357 lever gun I’ve been wanting for what would ultimately be $60 sounds pretty good .
Why not just use 2400 for your magnum loads? Regular LPP’s would work fine and it’s such a nice powder to work with.

I do but it’s not the only mag powder I have and it’s not like I can get all the 2400 I want right now . In the grand scheme of things I won’t be shooting thousands of 44mag loads so it’s not a big deal . I should be gtg for awhile . If this pushes on for a couple more years I might start feeli the pinch .

How does hazmat shipping work ? Do you need a license or just declare that what you are shipping is hazardous ? Asking for a friend lol

Last edited:
Think of it as buying an insurance policy. The next time one of these crunches comes around, you may need his help to obtain something and now you've paid ahead for it.

The price hasn't hit squat. That's what they guy is asking.

IF and only IF someone is stupid enough to buy them (look at the buy it now price, by the way), then the price point will have been hit.

I could post a single primer for sale with a price of $1,000,000, but unless someone actually buys it, it's worthless.

So I can’t go to UPS , tell them I have firearm primers . They can’t pack and ship them for me ? I know it’s not the same but it would seem similar to shipping a handgun . If I tell UPS what I’m doing they charge an extra fee and will ship it but I can’t ship it myself without notifying the carrier what’s in the package .

EDIT : I just got off the phone with the UPS store/franchise hub and they said they are not allowed to ship it because as a franchise store they don’t have a license to do so . I then asked but UPS delivers powders and primers why can I not ship them . The clerk seem to indicate I could do it if I took it to a UPS main hub but recommended I call first to be sure . I’m making that call next .

Last edited:
The price hasn't hit squat. That's what they guy is asking.
Somebody bid $100 for those 200 primers two days ago. That's $0.50 apiece like the OP said. ;) But fear not, there's still 3 days left for people (I won't say shills) to bid it up even higher.

Metal god:

I know that's how it works out with ammo. Package has to be labeled as such with the ORM Diamond and it has to go to a Hub or you can hand it off to your UPS driver. Have no idea on primers and powder. I'd sure like to know.... Just to know.

I just got off the phone with UPS hazmat . Hounddawg is correct , you must be licensed as the sender to ship smokeless powder and primers do to them being regulated items . Also as far as UPS goes , you also must have a contract specifically with UPS for shipping smokeless gun powder and firearm primers in order to use them as a carrier for such purposes

Back