Primer question

I reload a lot of 7.5 Swiss. The only source of brass I found was PPU

As has been noted, the pockets are just a tad small. Over time they loosened up.

A unifiromer helped a bit but not a complete answer. The larger size may work better than small primers as a bit more latitude.
When you prime those does it shave pieces of the primer off?

You should only see that if there is a burr. Whose primers are you using? If your primer cups are brass-colored rather than nickel-plated, are you sure the shaving is from the primer rather than the primer pocket? If it is nickel, when you deprime the case, do you see a bare spot where the nickel plating came off? It could just be a poor plating job.

You should only see that if there is a burr. Whose primers are you using? If your primer cups are brass-colored rather than nickel-plated, are you sure the shaving is from the primer rather than the primer pocket? If it is nickel, when you deprime the case, do you see a bare spot where the nickel plating came off? It could just be a poor plating job.
I use brass CCI 500. I just shot them all and they worked fine. I am gonna get around to depriming them in the next few days. Ill inspect those pockets to see if there are bare spots

Back