• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Pricing in Sale and Trade forums

antipitas said:
Coerce the PTB to see things your way.

To see things my way??:rolleyes:

VUPDblue said:
It is seriously annoying when you see the title of a sale post and think this might just be the "buy of the week" only to discover that the poster is only taking "serious offers". TFL is not a private auction site, and I view it as more of a classified section. After all, it is called The Firing Line Gun show. Every gun show I have been to has prices clearly listed....

MalH said:
I agree with you. TFL is not an auction site so a definite price should be required for all items offered for sale.

fisherman66 said:
Sounds good to me.

orionengner said:
one more "yes" vote

And let's not forget about all those that piped up on the "now extinct poll" that is no longer visible. I should quit with this subject, I have wore more paint off my keys on this subject than it is worth to me.:D

Here is my 2 cents for everyone.

Follow the guidelines set forth in the sticky in the various for sale sections.

Mods should enforce these guilelines more often. Maybe send a friendly PM or post to the offending thread starter.

Sellers, LIST YOUR STATE, also a price is nice and if you are interested in trades LIST WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IN TRADE.

Maybe limit the ability to sell if you have a certain minimum number of posts (25-50 is a good ballpark).

Buyers, offer reasonable trades or haggling offers. Not I will give you a stevens 22 for your NIB Python or how about 200 for that Blaser. This just wastes everybody's time and bandwidth.

Back