Presidential candidates and their stance on gun control

Trying is better than not trying. Especially when the trying is for the right thing. If the colonists had never tried, we would not have the freedom which we have now. We must never give up.

You're missing the point. The colonists did. Ron Paul tried. At any rate, why are we talking about colonists?

I was trying to be sort of subtle earlier; Ron Paul would not make a great President because he is not able to get things done. Like your average benchwarmer, Ron Paul has seen and observed the game for quite some time - he's picked up lots of great ideas along the way (many of which I support), but great ideas won't get you on the starting lineup.

Everyone says that Ron Paul will restore and repect the Constitution. Or at least he'll try to.

I was trying to be sort of subtle earlier; Ron Paul would not make a great President because he is not able to get things done. Like your average benchwarmer, Ron Paul has seen and observed the game for quite some time - he's picked up lots of great ideas along the way (many of which I support), but great ideas won't get you on the starting lineup.

Great sports terminology

if anyone is worthy of being on the starting lineup they will still the great idea's of the benchwarmers oh wait they are. they are also flapping in the winds of popular opinions while some others have been consistent over long period of time.

Depends on what you consider the "starting lineup".
James Madison didnt fight in the Revolution does that mean his ideas shouldnt of been used?

Personally I want a Republican President that remain consistent that will say No to a full deck of Democrats or Republicans in Congress and Senate not following the Constitution instead of watching presidents say I dont think this is constitutional then sign it. Romney and McCain work well with democrats and if you want a progressive government expanding you will be well served with McCain and Romney personally I would rather stick to nominal growth of government if not a shrink.

So it all hinges on Huckabee, who if we're lucky by some miracle can knock off McCain and Romney... Why am I not comforted by much?

"Hi y'all! I'm Ron Paul. I support 2A and these are some of the bills I have proposed to the Congress...but those mean old congressmen didn't play nice with me."

"So now I'll be warming my toes over 200 years' worth of executive orders burning in the Oval Office fireplace."

The democrats (and a fair number of republicans) would soil themselves at the thought of changes as drastic as *all* of the prior executive orders being repealed at once. Just the confusion of trying to figure out what would change would give them fits.

if Bush was remotely 2A friendly he could destroy some of those damned Executive Orders.

the import situation is going down hill parts kits,C&R and others.
anyone think McCain,Romney and Huckabee will change this ?
Based on what statements or actions ?

You're missing the point. The colonists did. Ron Paul tried. At any rate, why are we talking about colonists?

My point is that if they'd never tried, we would not have the freedoms we have now. To get some where, you have to first try. If you fail, try again. Ron Paul has consistently done what he believed to be right. You may knock him for trying, but hey, he is a Presidential candidate who actually has his name on the air, so I'd say it took a bit of success to get there. Oh, I guess he just tried to get through Medical school too. I don't understand how one can knock the guy for trying to do the right thing. That is a whole lot better than giving in half way for the wrong thing in my humble opinion.

if Bush was remotely 2A friendly he could destroy some of those damned Executive Orders.

and those same GOP voters are looking at Mr Amnesty and Mr Assault wepons ban as "logical" choices. wow.

Back