Pre-measured loads

I predict they hate explaining this to muzzle-loader enthusiasts.

I've seen the loading process for a Sharps that cuts a paper cartridge open and I've always seen loose powder on top of the block which the shooter blows off. I'm guessing they'd object to that operation.

What is left besides brass cartridge black powder?

The catch is they require any BP shooting be done with pre-measured loads to "avoid any loose powder handling on the firing line".

Pouring powder into a measure on the line is off-limits.
Pouring powder from the measure into the barrel (or cylinder) is OK?
What have their rules accomplished?

Pouring powder into a measure on the line is off-limits.
Pouring powder from the measure into the barrel (or cylinder) is OK?
What have their rules accomplished?

N-SSA competition is the same way.

They want to eliminate someone handling a large container of powder and/or trying to measure out charges at the range or setup table or whatever.

Steve

It makes it a lot faster to me when I'm in a timed fire match which is 5 well
aimed shots in 5 min with a single shot pistol.

maillemaker said:
N-SSA competition is the same way.

They want to eliminate someone handling a large container of powder and/or trying to measure out charges at the range or setup table or whatever.

Steve

Premeasured charges are also closer to being historically correct than loose powder is.

OHHH man , im sorry i missed what he was needing by a mile .
man what will Dixie think of selling nect LOL .
those look like nothing more then vaccume line caps that you can get at the auto parts store.
personaly i would go with a pluged, spent shell casing myself

those look like nothing more then vaccume line caps that you can get at the auto parts store.

That is precisely what they are. I have some for .58 caliber made by CapPlug. You can buy them from S&S Firearms, Lodgewood, Dixie, etc. etc. They are available in a variety of calibers.

I have gotten a bad batch once (some yellow .58 cal ones) that split after a while having a bullet stuck in the mouth. But otherwise they are quite nice. I like getting them in different colors for my different guns/powder charges to keep from mixing them up in competition.

They are re-useable and you just put them in a mesh ditty bag and wash them in the washing machine.

Steve

Back