pre-carry inspections???

Do you conduct pre-carry inspections?

• Yes, I conduct detailed pre-carry inspections.

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • Yes, I at least conduct a brass-check.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • No, I do not conduct a pre-carry inspection.

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rarely... I really never check my carry guns.

When I remember, I'll peer in and make sure its loaded. Nobody but nobody handles my carry guns. My Glock hasn't left its holster in about 3-4 weeks now.

Joshb, what other pre-checks do you perform? Check your gascap? Make sure you have no flat tires? Double check the cell phones battery? If you and your family have really created that many enemies, its far more likely that easier things will be tampered with than your guns in your home.

My kimber has that little notch at the back of the barrel that I can peer into and see the brass of a loaded round. If I'm feeling randy I'll do a press-check. Never do a mag check other than ensuring there is a mag inserted.

I do a brass check for a chambered round and drop the mag for a load check. If I do clear the chamber I don't re-chamber the same round (I carry a .40).

I subscribe to the KISS method. People have been known to shoot themselves when needlessly messing with a firearm. Around my house the rules are simple and effective. If it's out of the safe it's loaded. If you removed it from the safe you should load it immediately.

I always check my firearms correctly every time. If my brother in-law had done so he would be alive today.

U.S.SFC_RET - sorry to hear about your brother. I won't ask for details, but wanted to extend my concern. I can't even imagine losing one of my brothers.

No. It was loaded when I took it off. It will be loaded when I pick it up again. It worked the last time I pulled the trigger. I see no reason to think it won't the next time.

Back