Powder pressure curve. information...

Since the equipment to run pressure tests on my load development is out of the question. I will have to run ladder tests... Read pressure signs and invest in some radar for best choice for the 6mm Creedmoor with 108gr. Well that is how I found 4166 and my new powder purchasing seams to be growing. If any one has found a pet load using a 108gr. bullet with a 1in8 twist I would be interested in hearing your input. Also I'm open for other comments.
I have 4166 but don't have the specific 108 gr Berger bullet you ask about. I have built 2 AR's based on the 6mm creedmoor; one an Odin (8) barrel and the other a McGowen (7). Both shoot very well. In addition, I've used both large and small primered cases, but don't have enough experience to conclusively draw an opinion on which may be better--other than relative case strength at the head. I do like the 105 to 108 gr eld-x bullets; with them I found some really good loads using PP 4000 MR, my 108 loads showed an excellent "sweet spot node" between 42.7 and 42.9 grs of 4000 MR. Obviously YRMV, what works for me may not for you.

I do have 105 hunting vlds and got very good results with 41.9 grs of IMR 4350. My faster McGowen barrel I've tried 110 MK's and even Nosler's 115 RDF's; ramshot magnum gave me good results with these bigger bullets.

Get a labradar--you won't be disappointed. Invest in quick load as well, especially if you like those peak pressure vs timing charts. ;)

Last edited:
The biggest factor in accuracy is probably the bullet. Powders, primers, OAL are probably secondary factors.

Amen. Learning to cast has taught me this lesson. Base uniformity, base shape, symmetrical bearing surface, and (to a much lower degree) symmetrical bullet nose are far more important than powder type or charge... assuming that you are using an appropriate powder and charge weight for caliber and projectile weight.

As I look back to the Firing Line Sept.26 1916 loading of my 45 acp loading. I found that Rainer 200 gr. copper plated bullets were another part of the formula to good loads. The base was slightly concaved and with a round nose. So there we go with testing.

Uclenick I finally found some understandable information on your references. I like the example of 6PPC. witch in my mind back in the day was the loading to bump 222 Rem. of the bench. The example of sweet spot pressure curve being determined by bullet seating.

It took me some time but I found some help from you again.;)

Back