Powder coated boolits for .30-06

After re reading the posts...my guess is that your bullets were going over your target.

When I started shooting my hard casts in my 721 I was shooting clear over my three foot wide targets at 100 mtrs. Well of course I was as before I was using 180 grain bullets. It was comical when I zeroed in at 50 feet as my bullets were hitting seven feet to the left.

I had a heck of a time getting on paper with the 1/8 moa turrets on my scope.
2' x 2' target at 25 yard. I shot 5 rounds and there were no holes. I was using peep sight.

-TL

Yes Tango. I was using a 2x2 target at 50 feet and the bullets were cutting the grass on the old road bed 7 feet to the left.

Yes Tango. I was using a 2x2 target at 50 feet and the bullets were cutting the grass on the old road bed 7 feet to the left.
7 'off at 50'. That's 8 degrees. A garden hose will shoot better than that. It cannot possibly be normal. I thought you were 1.5' off at 100 meters. It is equivalent to 15moa. Quite a bit but still within reason.

-TL

In my case I had just mounted a new scope and was using a round that I had never fired before in that rifle. If the light is not good and somethng is off it can be hard for one person to see where the bullets are hitting.

I am on paper now at 100 meters and 1.5 inches high but the next step it to sight in for 200 meters and then after that I should be good for 600.

You were using a peep with an unknown load. Sometimes it is best to make a bigger target and get closer. Once I get sighted in at 200m I can then adjust the blasted bore sighter I bought so I can use it on a .308 that I need to get sighted in.

Some update on the hi-tek coated bullets from Missouri bullet company.

I further reduced the charge to shoot 1500 fps. It finally worked. 5 shots touching each other at 25 yards. Now I am in business. The load is pretty pleasant to the shoulder. It burns clean with very consistent speed. No smoke or smell. I will start monkeying with the load for best accuracy. Perhaps I can push them a bit faster, or not.

Thanks gentlemen for your help!

-TL

Back