• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

post count

busted, Just go in to the other forums and help the village idiots such as my self and it will soon be up there again... It is that dern error that your posts in sales were counting and when that was fixed your legs got chopped off at the knees...:D
Brent

... and you can post in those forums, you just can't create any new threads until you post 4 more times in the main forums.

If there are helpfull post in the gun show shouldn't they count if not directly related to buying or selling? How come I only recieve 1 post count for every 2 posts in the qualifying area's?

If there are helpfull post in the gun show shouldn't they count if not directly related to buying or selling?
How is the software to determine whether the post is "helpful" or not? Or are you suggesting that a mod sort through all posts in the Gun Show area to determine whether they should apply to someone's post count? I suspect a distinct lack of enthusiasm among the mods to implement the latter.

Right you are Don.

69MachOne said:
How come I only recieve 1 post count for every 2 posts in the qualifying area's?
I'm not going to sift through your 377 posts to try to find the 16 that are in the main forum's, but you would have to prove that statement to me before I would believe it. As mentioned in post #8, posts in this forum (Tech Support) are not counted either, could that be the source of your puzzlement?

Back