• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

post count

UniversalFrost

ok, maybe i missed it but, why did a lot of folks lose a lot of post counts. I could care less what my post count is, but would like to know where a good 400 to 500 posts went to???

your reply is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

JOE

You're correct, a lot of people appeared to have lost a lot of posts during a recent maintenance run specifically intended to correct the post count problem. (Most didn't know there was a problem, but there was.) I lost around 900 posts myself. However, everyone can rest assured not one actual post was deleted, it was only the post count that changed.

The reason for the loss was due to the fact that posts in the Gun Show and a few other forums are not added to a member's post count. It has been that way for several years. The post count is intended to reflect only posts in the main forums of TFL. A member can post 1,000 times in the Gun Show without one single contributing post in the other forums. Their post count should be 0. However, some of those posts made it into the post count. The post count correction was made because of that.

All posts counts are correct as they now stand. No posts in any buy/sell/trade forum, in Tech Support, or in the Testing forum are added to a member's post count.

That answers a question that was nagging in the back of my mind. I've seen a number of posts in the for sale forums where the poster had zero post count & wondered how that was so.

Looks like I only lost 80-90 posts on the deal.

Last edited:
No posts in any buy/sell/trade forum are added to a member's post count.

Just out of curiosity....why is that?
I just noticed my post count went down to zero and I guess this is the answer why.....but I"m wondering why the buy/sell/trade area doesn't count.
"just curious". :confused:

It is my understanding that because the Buy/Sell/Trade forums were added as a convenience for otherwise active TFL members. It was never intended that these areas count towards actual participation on TFL.

I could be wrong, and if so, another mod will be along to correct me.

What do we win with high post counts?:D I'd like to have my prize delivered to me by smiling bikini models, if you don't mind.

Antipitas is correct - it was decided long ago that only those posts that contributed to the main forums would be counted. Note that posts in this forum (Tech Support) are also not counted.

azredhawk44 - your prize should be delivered within the next few days, and will be delivered in the manner you requested.

[aside] What's that? Oh, that's too bad! I'll let him know. [/aside]

I have just been informed by our board leader that your prize was delivered yesterday by several Victoria's Secret models. Unfortunately, you were either not home or didn't answer the door bell. Your prize was returned to our office as undeliverable. Oh well, maybe when you reach the 10,000 post level ...

:D

WELL SHUCKS!!! I have tried to be helpful on this section and thought I was still climbing towards that magic 10k for my prize to be delivered in the aforementioned manner:rolleyes:
Brent

You can check yourself by selecting "Members" under "Community" in the menu bar. Then click on "Posts" which will sort the list by post count.

You can check yourself by selecting "Members" under "Community" in the menu bar. Then click on "Posts" which will sort the list by post count.
HOLY BLISTERED FINGER TIPS, BATMAN!!!...
Of over 50,000 registered users... beginning over 11 years ago....
I am on freaking PAGE UNO???:eek::eek::eek:
Thanks mal... I never knew those descriptions were action features...
Brent

Hogdogs said:
HOLY BLISTERED FINGER TIPS, BATMAN!!!...
Of over 50,000 registered users... beginning over 11 years ago....
I am on freaking PAGE UNO???

You sure are! More than that, there's only SIX members above you, the rest are Staff/Mods.... and one of those members hasn't posted in over 4 years.:)

In other words, you're in the top .009967% percent! Yes sir, 1/100th of 1 percent!:):D:eek:;)

"Who is the leader in post count?"

Some snarky dweeb who obviously has too much time on his hands and too little outside life...

I wasn't going to say anything quite like that, Mike. But it was tempting!

My first thought was along the lines of "Holy cow! Almost 5,000 more than No. 2 in the list!"

Well, I've been a member since 2001 and had over 100 posts. Bought and sold several items and participated in the "Pay it Forward" thread for awhile until it got out of hand. Now since my post count is so low, I'm unable to post in the buy/sell forums. It sucks because I'm not much of the "chit chat" type.

Back