Possible improved muzzle gas trap design - revolver or autoloader...

Jim, no offense sir, but I would not want any of my revolvers to blow expended cases back at me...

Well that's why the hammer-mounted brass deflector pin got added after the initial test-fire in 9mm :).

And while testing gas-powered ejection in 357 I invented a brass catcher to go with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZAGpJr5RsU

At that point I still had the manual ejector in place because there was no magazine feeding. Which was impossible in 357 because the rim was too wide, not enough clearance past the pawl. But in 9mm...yup, it fits. And it turns out it spits empties much faster in 9mm than in 357 - tapered shorter shell pops out fast enough to sting my cheek, hence the deflector pin...

simply AWESOME. The most inventive stuff since good old John Moses, I'd be inclined to say... Sometimes I pondered an "auto cannon" system in a handgun but never would have figured it might actually work...

So, AWESOME, again. And I don't come from a culture where everything is considered "awesome" and "great" and "excellent", so I really mean it. :)

gas eject is fun concept but most people dont completely need it. To many people buy revolvers just because its easy to collect fired brass.

the design of this gas trap is not the most efficient. it can be done far simply and with far less expensive work. The design is simple enough but not from a manufacturing standpoint. Most gun companies are using designs that are far more simple to manufacture, and can give better performance.

Back