Pondering a short shotgun

Mark Serbu makes a very short model called the super shorty. There is even a thigh holster available for it!
I have always wanted on of those. It only holds two rounds in the magazine so it would be like a double barrel but I still think it would make a good truck or SD gun.

I have always wanted on of those. It only holds two rounds in the magazine so it would be like a double barrel but I still think it would make a good truck or SD gun.

It makes for a good range toy, but nothing more. It is too unwieldy to be fired within a vehicle or for HD. You will deafen and blind yourself if you use it indoors. I have spent some time behind the trigger of one and it is a hoot for sure, but I'd not want it for serious work. I'd buy one, but I'm holding out for an O/U or SXS AOW:p

AOWs can't have a stock but can have a pistol grip and short barrel. SBSs can have anything including stock and pistol grip. Best route just do the SBS. After filing all the paperwork, setting up a trust or meeting your Sheriff, and waiting months and months the difference between $5 and $200 really isn't that much.

I don't necessarily agree with the highlited part. $195 is quite a difference IMHO, but in my state I cannot have a SBS anyway so the AOW is the order of the day! It should also be noted that to MANUFACTURE (via a Form1) the tax is $200 for both. The $5 tax on the AOW applies only to transfers.

Mark Serbu makes a very short model called the super shorty.

I guy I purchase from is a Class III dealers and he had one and let me look at it at a show. It was interesting, 3 shots, 2 in the tube and one in the barrel. At the local gun shows State Police will come in and look around. One State Police really liked it. The forward grip folds down but I think it can stay up and clear the receiver when it is pumped. I had it in the down position. In person it even looks smaller.

Back