Poly, Alloy, Steel - favorite range handgun

I prefer steel above anything else for range, or even carry. In my experience, their more "shootable" than a lighter gun in the same caliber, in terms of accuracy/recoil management/balance, etc. Steel guns themselves, at least to me, seem to have more character to them. They have heft, the feel like a GUN.

I love my steel CZ's, but I jump at the chance to shoot any steel semi-auto or revolver, in any configuration. I enjoy shooting them all!

Smith and Wesson 617 w/red dot sight
Ruger Security Six .357 mag.
Smith and Wesson 910s
Ruger p95

*Don't own many handguns and not what you would call high end stuff, but they all shoot great and work just fine for me!:cool:

Favorite range gun/favorite pistol in general is my 1911 .45

Since its so heavy it doesn't have much recoil, it really is enjoyable and sweet to shoot. It's much more accurate than I am, but if you do everything correctly, that bullet will go exactly where you want it. Plus I really like the feel of the grip and the heft, and for me it just points naturally and feels well balanced

All of my handguns are steel, with the exception of my alloy frame airweight 637 EDC, and it is definitely not a range toy.

I guess then, my answer would be steel.......:D

Glock 17 for every day carry, when everything is considered together, weight, reliability, consistency of magazines, cost factors as well as availability of aftermarket parts and easy to get magazines at any gun show.

I really prefer a pre series 70 1911 as the ideal ultimate sidearm, maybe it will be an alternate CCW or my next CCW choice, as you really can't beat a clean & crisp SA trigger and a low parts count.

By far my favorite range pistol is my Dessert Eagle 1911 .45ACP. I also enjoy my Berrettas in PX4 .40 and 90-TWO in 9mm. While at the range I always shoot a few rounds with my Concealed Carry LC9s for practice.

Poly- Only have two, but it would have to be my $200 Taurus PT111 G2, but the Canik TP9V2 is great too.

Alloy? Don't have a single one right now.

Steel? Revolver-Dan Wesson 715 6" VH. Semiauto? Hands down, it's my Tanfoglio Mossad 9mm. A really great shooting and looking gun. My 5906 would be the runner up.

Some folks here are posting some strange hard to understand or decipher language that perhaps only the original poster understands, would making an effort to post comments in conventional English, be too much to ask ? :mad:

Some folks here are posting some strange hard to understand or decipher language that perhaps only the original poster understands, would making an effort to post comments in conventional English, be too much to ask ?
And some post run-on, poorly punctuated sentences, that make little sense. :D

But I knowed everthin what ever body was a talkin bout meant.:D

Back