Pocket Pistol Recommendation?

Hook_N_Bullet

I have a buddy who wants to carry a small semi literally in his pocket. I have recommended the Beretta Tomcat in .32 ACP. That is the smallest caliber he is willing to carry.
Price is not a problem, he is looking for quality and dependability.

Any other recommendations/advice?

Thanks in advance.

I have been contemplating this very question for some time and ended up deciding on the Kel-Tec P11 to use as a pocket pistol when I can't carry my Glock 19. These are the main points that drew me to the Kel-Tec.

*Fits in pocket

*Chambered in 9mm

*Safe DAO trigger

*Very inexpensive

Check out http://www.kel-tec.com (official site), and http://www.ktog.org (unofficial owner's site) for more info.

As far as I know, this is the smallest, and lightest 9mm pistol on the market, right?

-Shifty

Ya know it really gets me worked up. Can you really say your goin to put a glock 26(brick), or I can't even imagine a makarov in your pocket. BE REAL that is just plain ridiculous. The kel-tec has been totally reliable. It is unnoticeable in the pocket. Uncle Mikes has a front pocket holster I paid 9.95 for and it works great. In an outercoat pocket, I put my Titanium snub. There is a line between paranoia and adequately armed. Look at your real risk and decide if it is practical to carry a brick in your pocket.

worked up? i carry a MK40 in a pocket holster in my back pocket every day. it is an individual choice i have come to after over ten years of CCW on a daily basis.
ease up buddy!

LOL

I think the Keltec P32 or the NAA Guardian are better choices than the Tomcat. I'm also amused about the recommendation of pocket carry of a Glock 26, I wonder what kind of pockets those guys have??? :)

Riddle, hey man don't get me wrong. The MK 40 is a much smaller package than the Glock 26 nearly a third thinner if you do the math. I do appreciate to each his own. But really, I am simply espousing common sense.

I wouldn't recommend the Beretta Tomcat for a pocket pistol. It is a little large for true pockets. The others: NAA Guardian, Autuga, P32, and Seecamp are all smaller than the Tomcat by a significant amount. These other guns will comfortably fit in the back pocket of a pair of jeans (except maybe the P32?).

I would recommend the Tomcat to anyone who wants a small pistol but has arthritis and can't handle the smaller 32s.

A Mak or G26 as a pocket gun? You guys must have BIG pockets!

I carry my P-32 in my back pocket. Fits great and carries easily in a pocket holster. It is easily the thinnest of the lot and I have had no trouble with it.

I've got a Colt Pony Pocketlite, it's a nice little gun and fits in my pocket fine but they're pricey if you can even find one. I'm thinking about picking up a Keltec P11 or P32. It looks like the P32 is a little pocket rocket, but I might opt for the 9mm instead.

My vote is for the NAA Guardian in .32acp. I carry it on a daily basis and it's extremely reliable. It's also the best looking of the bunch and is available for customization for NAA.

Hook

I own three .32ACP's, and as much as I love my P-32 and Guardian, I love my Seecamp more. Quality and dependability? Seecamp all the way. The Seecamp is the one to get if price is truly no object. They're about one third the size of the Tomcat. (Which I don't have yet, but will when the new titanium models come out. :))

Kentucky Rifle

I have a Colt Mustang, Pocketlite. I prefer the .380 to the .32. I gave considered the Pony for the DAO. At 12oz (dry weight) they are a fairly potent little package. Anything heavier drags my front pocket down too much. And I carry in the front pocket because it's a lot easier to keep agrip on the gun and appear "natural" in questionable surroundings. However, YMMV :) .

-- Chuck

To simulate, empty your change jar into your pocket.

G26?!? P-11?!? It takes some honkin' big pockets to hold those, and even in the baggiest pleated trousers I own (which pockets will actually hold a 4 5/8" Bisley Vaquero) even my little Tomcat looks like I've got two rolls of quarters in my pocket.

If pants pocket carry is important, I'd have to say P-32 on size and weight issues alone. Much as I love the Tomcat, it's more of a jacket pocket gun due to width & weight issues.

Back