Pocket Carry

Me...

I carry a S&W 638 or if I really want to be discrete or am biking, I carry a Kel Tec P3AT. In a weird state like IL, I would recommend the Kel Tec, though the S&W is far better. I used to live in IL.

I'm also 57, so my pants are baggier than they were in the 70's. Pocket carry is good because you can have your hand on your gun while having you hand nonchalantly in you pocket. The downside is if you're driving, it might be hard to draw fast, however, in such a case, you're best off locking your doors, which seems to offend your Mr Obama, or just hitting the gas and escaping or using the car as a weapon.

The Kel Tec is as small as an effective pistol can get and its lightness aids concealment. It can fit a belt clip, which I use with bike shorts. It can be ammo picky, so break it in well and test any ammo you use in it. I favor the pointed bullets of Hornady Critical Defense.

I recommend you get the stainless finish slide. Easier to see and aim in low light.

It can be ammo picky, so break it in well and test any ammo you use in it. I favor the pointed bullets of Hornady Critical Defense.

I recommend you get the stainless finish slide. Easier to see and aim in low light.

Any of these mini guns are ammo picky. I tried some cheap Tula to practice with that did not work. Maybe one outta four might fire. Worked fine in a HiPoint though.
The Hornady CD with the rubber tip tends to grab & stick in the feed ramp. I took a razor blade and trimmed off any that protruded more flush and polished the feed ramp which solved the problem.

My Taurus PT738 is my EDC in the summertime. Can be carried in the pocket or IWB.

I carry the TCP alot in summer too. I have much better choices like the P238 for a mini , but I don't mind as much crawling under cars & tractors with it IWB or pocket. It gets abuse that my others wouldn't. I had two and sold one I wished if kept after I tear this one up if that's possible. I strongly suggest polishing the feed ramp with rouge & a felt tip in a dremel for a mirror finish. Makes feeding HP's a breeze.
ybepahe3.jpg

I heard an interview on Gun Talk this week on Double Tap's new all-copper low-recoil ammo made specifically for these tiny guns. I'll keep my eye out for a box to try...

Back