Pocket carry AR in 223

Still better then the taurus curve

I saw it last night and was intrigued, part of me thought it was an amazing idea and the other part thought it was absolutely absurd. I can actually see its place in an end of the world scenario. Anyways, love it or hate it, its is still a better idea then the taurus curve :p

Last edited:
I shot an AR 15 pistol with a 7 1/2" barrel over a chronograph and same ammo with 16" barrel.
Right at 500 fps loss and a great deal of ballistic gel penetration loss.
As I have been told, with a 5.56 10 1/2" is about as short as you really want to go.

I would wager that this in just about any of the caliber offerings will have better stopping power than a 223 out of that pistol.. http://bondarms.com/ And it's about the same size.

Since when is 223 known for having "stopping power" anyway?? Laser accurate to impressive distance out of a rifle: YES. Stopping power: I think not.

When I hear the term stopping power I think of something that will end a situation even if the perfect shot is not executed. Stopping power would be 00 Buck, or slug.... or a heavier caliber rifle.

Stopping power in a handgun is going to be something a shade bigger than 223 caliber and about 3 times the weight...I'll bet a 38 Spl +P has more impact energy out of an equal length barrel than that 223 pistol.

I'm not impressed... Sorry. ;)

It has great stopping power in a dark alley, just close your eyes and fire off a round. Even if you miss, your assailant will be temporarily blind, deaf and suffering third degree burns.:p

It's rediculous. Just a range toy. With a barrel that short it's just going to make a big loud boom and big flash. Maybe reach velocity of a 22lr.

Honestly I feel it's kinda sad they are doing these ridiculous guns. When they first did the 9mm and .45ACP I think most people took the company serious. Now they are kind of a laughing stock.

Honestly I feel it's kinda sad they are doing these ridiculous guns. When they first did the 9mm and .45ACP I think most people took the company serious. Now they are kind of a laughing stock.
Agreed. In fact I thought a two shot anything not all that much smaller in size and weight than a magazine fed semi-auto of the same caliber was kinda silly.

The Heizer mentioned in this thread is actually only a ONE shot derringer. they have never made a 2 shot derringer.
Just answering this post
With my opinion.
Agreed. In fact I thought a two shot anything not all that much smaller in size and weight than a magazine fed semi-auto of the same caliber was kinda silly.

Wait for the 50 BMG version.

If you want more that one shot - strap two of them togehter - like that double slide 45.

There is one gun rag that has the ultimate stopper on every issue's cover.

Wait for the 50 BMG version.

If you want more that one shot - strap two of them togehter - like that double slide 45.

There is one gun rag that has the ultimate stopper on every issue's cover.

Plus if they made the 50 BMG model with a curved frame, it would fit my curve!:D:D:D

Oh, I didn't know they were two different companies. I remember a couple years ago when they came out it was a Heizer Double Tap. I had no interest in it so paid no attention to further business dealings in which it looks like the partnership broke up.

At any rate the double barreled 9mm & .45 looked interesting but there was no way I was gonna pay for one. The .223 and what nonsense are just that, nonsense (IMO).

I e-mailed Heizer defense, or whatever the company was that made the two-shot 9mm and .45, and told them I was thrilled that a St. Louis company was making guns, as I am from the area. I also asked about the MSRP of the pistol, asking why it was what it was (north of $550 at the time) and wondering if it would come down. This was roughly a year ago.

The response I got from the company was truly a hateful one.

They pretty much told me to go suck an egg and that their products were too good for me, that I didn't "get it" and the person that answered my e-mail came across as hyper-defensive and possibly paranoid, as if he knew that "this is what they all think".

Well, believe you me, they can keep their awful little gimmick pistols. Won't break my heart! :D

Hezier Defense, Double Tap, A real soap opera in the gun industry with claims of non performance in production, and stolen designs.
Basically, a useless design by which ever of the two make it. Especially the 223 version. But the 9MM, 45acp are equally useless. Larger, and heavier than many semi autos, but a capacity limited to two rounds.
Your e-mail response is proof that what they lack in product is only exceeded in what they lack in class!:eek:

No disrespect to you ment but I feel the idea of pocket carry 223 is kinda nuts lol didn't American derringer make those in 223. 308 44 mag ?

So am I to understand that anything that shoots a .223 is now an AR?

That is more stupid than how the media and such often misidentify weapons.

Maybe they meant it to be a pirate gun and left off the extra Rs in the quote. It is a single shot, after all.

The "Pocket Arrr!" (said in pirate-speak, note alternative spelling of "Argh" is also acceptable)

Back