Pocket carry AR in 223

Ozzieman

Pocket carry AR in 223
http://www.heizerdefense.com/par1-silver.html
This has to be the most ridiculous single shot pocket pistol I have ever seen.
I like the description
“Ultimate stopping power in the smallest pistol available.”
Also they list the velocity as
“To be announced…”
Its total length is 6 3/8 inches. It has a tilt barrel and behind the barrel has to be 1/3 of the total length of the gun. Let’s say two inches so that leaves 4 3/8 inch total barrel length. A 223 case length is 1.750 so that leaves something around 3 inches.
Do you lose much velocity changing a 223 from 16 inches to 3?;)
With that loss what do you gain? Cigarette lighter from 4 feet.

LOL...a hand held flash bang. At least the recoil wont be that bad beings it will be all flash and sound out of such a short barrel. However the price is extreme.

Is the barrel threaded for a flash supressor? :D
My local range is dimly lit except at certain distances downrange. I'd love to touch off a fireball from that thing, just to see the reaction. Better yet, fire it, then hide it and have my .22 in hand when everyone rushes down to see what it was.

It does seem rather silly.
I think of a handgun with a short barrel somewhat like I would think of a engine cylinder or hydraulic cylinder.
If I want to fling some horsepower out the barrel,the surface area of the base of the bullet is the place where the gas pressure gets the work done.

I suspect the chronograph and calculations would prove a similar sized 9mm with a magazine to be ballistically superior along with a multi-shot magazine.

I just cannot see any justification for it.Maybe,maybe,if it had a 10 in bbl it could be justified as something to stuff in a rucksack to gather camp meat.

I think I may have come up with a reason for this.
It fixes the over penetration of a FMJ for the 223.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
It fixes the over penetration of a FMJ for the 223.

Quite the contrary. 5.56/.223 is actually known for its lack of over penetration. You launch a small projectile at great enough speeds and when that round hits it's target it tends to fragment. You put that same round in a short enough barrel and it lacks the velocity to cause that round to fragment, as a result you get more penetration since the round will stay intact.

I think there was a thread about that thing last year.
Another entry into the race to ridiculousness in the firearms industry.
A sure winner if they only made the frame curved, and put a clear side plate on it!:eek::D

I have personally shot FMJ .223 through a 1/4" steel plate and torn up a brick wall behind it.

I can shoot a bunch of green tips at cheap steel and get the same results too, doesn't change the fact that lightweight lead core FMJ 5.56/.223 loads have a tendency to fragment when they hit their target. What makes those rounds fragment is because of their light weight and the velocity they are traveling at. You chop the barrel down to 3" you are suddenly losing the velocity that causes them to do so.

That was my whole point in addressing the previous comment, if you want 5.56 to penetrate less, a short 3" barrel is not the solution. Use a standard 14.5" length barrel or longer, use relatively lightweight bullets, and you minimize the chance of overpenetration due to fragmentation.

That was my whole point in addressing the previous comment, if you want 5.56 to penetrate less, a short 3" barrel is not the solution

My whole point was to make fun of an already silly gun.

It fixes the over penetration of a FMJ for the 223. :rolleyes:
Can anyone spell "joke" Note the rolleyes?

I have personally shot FMJ .223 with a one inch barrel pistol through a 1/4" steel plate and torn up a brick wall behind it.

I cant wait to talk to the manufacture at SHOT show. Should be good for some after show laughs

My buddies and always vote on the dumbest thing we see. Last year it was a side by side mounted AR15. 2 mags, 2 barrels, 1 trigger. I thought the side by side 1911 was a winner till I saw the AR....:cool:

"Quite the contrary. 5.56/.223 is actually known for its lack of over penetration. You launch a small projectile at great enough speeds and when that round hits it's target it tends to fragment."

This is the statement I was referring to.

But, you knew that.

Actually, it's not that bad of an idea. If they ever make one in .50 BMG I'll stand on line to buy it. I'll even let all my "recoil insensitive" buddies try it out.

Back