Pocket Carry? Ankle Holster?

Colorado Redneck,

I have a deep concealment holster and really like it. I got the modular holster so I can get different size holsters for the pistols I have. It also allows me to move the holster were I want it. I ware boots and jeans most days I tried IWB and it was not comfortable. I ware the deep concealment holster all day long and it is very comfortable. It is not a quick draw holster but faster than ankle carry.

I would think that if you ankle carry, as soon as you sit down you have just exposed your gun. Is it just me or don't your pants legs come up some when you sit down? Some places that may not matter but in some states you could get in trouble. I suppose if you had it hidden inside cowboy boots that's one thing but most people don't wear boots. [/QUOTE

I carry my Rossi 462 in an Uncle Mikes ankle rig on a regular basis both as my primary carry as well as a BUG when working, without any problems. Having a heavier frame helps (I'm 6'/260 lbs). As with anything method of carry, you have to practice your draw to become proficent.

As far as exposing you weapon when seated, I found that wearing your sock OVER the weapon prevents the weapon from becoming exposed. Just saying what works for me.

Back