Pneumatically reclaimed primers

I thought of the SCUBA tank because, a.) I have one. b.), when my dad still coached the OSU pistol team, he used the dive shop my wife and I were using (gone now) to refill the reserve-size tank the team refilled their compressed air pistol cylinders from. I made an adapter on my lathe for him for the hoses that came with the guns. I've forgotten what we had to adapt. Probably for a metric hose thread.

Yea, also a diver (or was) so SCUBA comes to mind though I am familiar with SCBA though never had anything to do with other than it came up for confined spaces and what they did or were not going to do about it.

I have a 81 tank I have thought about getting tested (probably expired ate of some kind now) as my wife wold only shoot if she had a Lewis and Clark Pneumatic type gun (and a bit caliber, none of that wimpy 22 stuff for her) -

Last time I went diving they would not let me use my gear, liability or some such, annoying as I got it all up to snuff at the dive shop before I went.

I still have my old style de-compression meter, analog dial thing that was a good backup to the calculations.

How old was your gear? Ours is from about '94 or '95, IIRC, and I haven't used it for a long time and would have to get the primary regulator seals replaced, but am thinking about it.

If anyone really wants to try some pulled primers. I have some (maybe 150 but I haven't counted) large rifle primers that I pulled from .30-06 cases that I decided I had loaded one to many times. They're free to anyone that would use them. I popped them out with a Lee universal decapping die so long ago it's hard to remember when...

Tony

Keep in mind you can only send primers to people by hazmat rules. Though I don't believe primed cases are treated any differently than loaded ammo and can be sent by UPS ground with the right labeling (now a symbol that replaces the old ORM-D label).

Back