PMR30 Keltec?

Well, this is my point. If a piece won't run right with the magazine loaded to spec then is it really a reliable unit? What would you think of a 1911 that comes with eight round Chipper Mac magazines that only run reliably when loaded to seven?

I like the idea of a really high-cap, 30 round magazine of .22 WinMag for ladies in the last line of defense, but not if I need to fool around with getting the thing to work right. It isn't an attractive feature to not know if the pistol will work correctly when loaded to its published specifications. In that case better stick to an AR pistol in subsonic Blackout and know that it will work properly with a fully-loaded magazine.

The gun works correctly with a full magazine. Some people just down load for convenience.
The PMR 30 and an AR pistol are worlds apart. Why even compare the two?

22WMR mostly comes in 50 round boxes. To get the boxes of ammo and the magazines to come out right you need 5 magazines and 3 boxes. Or load 25 rounds into each of 2 magazines and not have to keep track of boxes with 20 or fewer rounds.

And I remember days when the 20rd M16 magazines were often loaded to 18 or 19 rounds by some folks.

I was getting confused by your term of the word "UNIT". I interpreted as meaning the gun. The gun will run reliably with 30 round magazines. Hopefully as you know, when it comes to semi-auto firearms when there is a reliability issue regardless of caliber the majority of the problem is with the magazine and not the firearm.

Back