PMC ammo

I've put several different flavors of target ammo through my Sig P239 (9mm), and the one that it likes the best is the PMC 115-gr. The 124-gr was quite a different story, though. I guess that's just how firearms are. Picky little devils, sometimes.

On the .22 ammo, did you get some of their Moderator sub-sonic rounds by any chance? Those won't cycle a semi-auto, or so I have been told. That may have been the problem.

And PMC stands for Precision Made Cartridges, for those who were asking/wondering.

Bob, you made me do a little digging on what PMC stands for because "inquiring minds want to know". It stands for "Patton Morgan Corporation" and their slogan is "Precision Made Cartridges". It's strictly a US corp. that imports ammo mostly from South Korea. I had heard "Pusan Metallic Cartridge" for a long time, but it was obviously made up by someone who made the best guess they could since the stuff was made in the ROK and PMC was not explained on their products. So, that's "the rest of the story."

I have used PMC for about a year with good results. I have found however, that the PMC primers tend to be harder than Winchester primers. Not a problem in modern firearms, but it can cause FTF malfunctions in firearms with weak firing pin springs or poorly maintained firearms.
I have picked up 1000 round cases for 119$+tax in the Phoenix Metro area.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

Thanks for the update, Mal. I had leaned over a grabbed a box from one of my cases when the question popped up, and "Precision Made Cartridges" was printed right below the "PMC" label.

If you're looking for a supplier who will ship to you, check out my buddies at the address below. They're very reasonable with their prices, and are just great people.

Happy shooting!
http://www.the-armory.com

Shot about 30K of the 9mm from 84-89 w no problems at all. A few K of the 45/9 this year w no problems too. The 9 FMJ is OK for practice, and the 45 is pretty accurate too.

The 45 Starfire sucks. Don't know about the others. From the FBI data summary:

Bare gel: 13.9/.669
No expansion after cloth, wall board, plywood.
Steel: 19/.51
Auto Glass: 10.5/.56
AG at 20 yds: 10/.59

Avg exp for series: .517

Rem GS was .666 for comparison.

------------------
>>>>---->

[This message has been edited by BrokenArrow (edited December 23, 1999).]

Back