• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

PM problems

I suspect they will (both) work properly, at which point you can blame IE and we can turn this thread into a nice anti-IE, anti-MS thread.

IE still around? I though it was dead like Netscape?

Wildfirefox3.05bAlaska TM

The F5 trick worked. What's the long term remedy?

Mailbox currently reads 0-41.

Have you ever stared at a script screen for 4 mins. never sure if anybody is going to respond. On a lot of sites I could stare at that for hours, days or months. I have to hand it to you guys, you're pretty good.

I haven't attacked IE yet, will wait for your response.

WildA, I've had my problems with firefox as well. Thinking about trying Safari.

Open the Tools menu -> Internet Options -> General tab
Under Browsing History, press the Settings button
Click on "Every time I visit the webpage".
Press OK on that window and OK on the main window.

That should solve the mystery.

Out of curiosity, let me know what the setting had been.

It was set at 'never' but that has never been a problem before. Like I said before I've been a mod on several vBulletin sites and never experienced this problem.

You could be right. I'm on all of the time and have updates, scans, etc. scheduled for the early morn. hours. I'm suspecting a MS update may have reset stuff.

Thanks for the help! I can even see my K-22 post in the 'revolver' forum again.

Back