PLR/SBR World's First?

"frame, receiver, or barrel". Easiest, since it's plastic, is the barrel. That's what I ended up doing. :)

I'm thinking of having the name "BattleAxe" (with the image of an old viking battle axe), engraved on one side (on the receiver just below the EOTech), and my name (as maker), city & state, on the other. :cool:

That'll work - make sure to specify having it engraved deeper than usual, so that it can't be rubbed off on accident. :)

(As for the funny name, I have "Man Handler" engraved on a single-shot 12ga pistol... :D)

But where does it say that installing a short barrel is "Making" a firearm? As in taking an AR-15 lower, paying the tax, and going thru an SOT FFL and doing the form 4? I'm being told that RRA MADE the firearm, they had it numbered. FFL now had it registered as a SBR and transferred it. no engraving necessary.
Signed,
Confused and want to stay out of trouble!!

In the case of a form 1 (which this PLR SBR is on), the act/title of the form is "Application to make and register a firearm". :)

Actually the PLR started with the barrel it has now, as a long barrel pistol. When I added the stock to a pistol, THEN I was "making" a short barrel rifle.

I know, it's all stupid. :rolleyes:

A lot of the BATFE rules and the 922 rules just plain don't make a lot of sense. :cool:

Back