please ID SS guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
!7 grip with 19 slide... Isn't that a 19X?

Also the 45… 19X is sort of the XM17/18 trials pistol, minus the safety. If Glock won that contract, the full size pistol likely would be the 47 style with the 45/19X being the compact.

CBP wanted the full size and compact pistols of their solicitation to have spare parts compatibly. If you take the 45 frame, it is just a 17 frame with shorter dust cover. The 47 slide is identical in length to the 17, but has a shroud to cover the shorter 19 recoil assembly. Think similar to the 34, which uses the 17 recoil assembly.

The 19 frame with 47 slide is the 49. If you had a 47 and 19, you could conceivably make 4 different pistols out of the combinations.

Idea was for spares for the two duty sized guns to be same (a modified 26 with slightly longer grip was also adopted and CBP also approved the 43X somewhere after the initial adoption). But for sub-$230 pistol price… they are just saying to run it until it fails, then replace with a new pistol.

Last edited:
interesting

What I find interesting in that and other pics is that the coat and tie USSS agent center field in this pic, and possibly other agents, appears to have his holster and defensive gear threaded onto a standard width dress belt, say
1-1/2" at best?

I've no exposure to USSS, but am pretty familiar with what the coat and tie US Marshall Service wore to our Magistrate and District court settings. They used a liner belt which fit the belt loops of their dress/suit pants, to which an honest duty belt of 2" or so width attached via velcro and often a couple of keepers as well. The belt system was covered by the suit jacket. All holsters, pouches etc and the buckle for same was subdued and did not detract from their suit and tie appearance.

I would think that the narrow belt evident in the picture would make the carry of a full load of defensive equipment, to include firearm, magazine(s) intermediate weapon of some sort and a set of 'cuffs very uncomfortable to carry under any circumstances. Wouldn't surprise me there is some sort of tactical suspenders involved.

They make (or they used too) specially cut and tapered belt systems for the females as well, as the more defined hips of (some) women tend to cause all the hardware, including the sidearm to angle in towards the body when holstered. This may have been at least a small part of the clumsy reholstering witnessed in the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back