please ID SS guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistaKwik

what gun is this agent rocking?

20240720_USP518.jpg

I have a lot of sympathy for the SS members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those look like Glocks to me. I went shooting with a high level SS agent a few years ago and they were still using Sigs in 357 Sig. Shooting free ammo is awesome.

Interesting how they went with the most generic, value-priced, mass-produced 9mm of our time.

Not that it's bad -- I got one in the safe too (who doesn't). But, I naively expected something a little more.... unique.

Back in Reagan's day they were sporting these:
reagan-uzi.jpg

Not that it's bad -- I got one in the safe too (who doesn't).
Me. I refuse to bow to the Austrian "good enough."
They aren't good. They're just "okay." And "okay" is not good enough for me.

Regardless...
The current Secret Service duty pistol is the Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS compact.
Some agents don't seem to be carrying the compact, though.

The SWAT looking guys were there pretty dang quick. But not as fast as Reagan’s UZI guy. IIRC. Just saying….

Metric Interesting how they went with the most generic, value-priced, mass-produced 9mm of our time.
Interesting? I only wondered why it took them so long to switch.
"most generic, value-priced, mass-produced 9mm of our time" ? Well, there's a reason for that.;)

Not that it's bad -- I got one in the safe too (who doesn't). But, I naively expected something a little more.... unique.
I didn't. One of my best friends is USSS and while he loved his P229, he didn't shed a tear when he heard they were going Glock. He already had a Glock 19 as his off duty gun.

Back in Reagan's day they were sporting these:
My friend tossed a couple of dozen of those Zero Halliburton Uzi briefcases into a dumpster when he was in the LA office. They shipped the Uzi's back to DC as they had not been used for a number of years, switching to MP5's.

Great Question!

I wonder the same thing myself. Loafers are great, for loafing. Dress shoes in general make it difficult to be fast on your feet.
I wonder what the dress code is for them. Seems like practicality would dictate they could wear what they want, in black.
Silly me connecting Govt and practicality/efficiency.

Ricklin I wonder the same thing myself. Loafers are great, for loafing. Dress shoes in general make it difficult to be fast on your feet.
I wonder what the dress code is for them. Seems like practicality would dictate they could wear what they want, in black.
Silly me connecting Govt and practicality/efficiency.
I asked my buddy who was on Dubyas protective detail.
The dress code is coat and tie when the President/ExPresident is in coat and tie. If golfing/biking/hiking/shopping, you wear clothing appropriate for the occasion.

Except for the "dress up" occasions, they wear a lot of 5.11 shirts and pants. Merrill or 5.11 brand low cut hiking shoes seem to be popular.

They aren't all 6'4 225lbs, most just look like average guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back